20- A Kiss

Jax's POV

I could feel the sunlight peaking out from the curtains and shining on my face.

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up and rubbed my face with my hands.

I yawned and looked around. I was in my room. I suddenly remembered what had happened last night.

Jade came back and I forced her to drink with me. I gave her back her photo. There's something else I'm forgetting

Did she kiss me or did I dream it? But why would I dream it? I don't like her that way.

But I remember what I called her. Baby and sweetheart. I didn't mean to call her that.

But Jessica wasn't here. I needed comfort and she was the only one around.

I didn't cheat. I swear I didn't. I flirted but isn't that the same thing?

I don't want to tell Jessica but I have to she deserves to know. I made a mistake.

More of memories came flooding in.

She doesn't deserve it. I grew angry.

She did the same thing. But I still felt guilty.

I don't know how Jessica did it but I cant do it.

Why can't I just break up with her and end it all.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

Jessica was there. she was sitting at the kitchen island drinking water. Her hair was a little messy and her makeup was faded.

She probably had a night with her boyfriend.

"Hey baby." She greeted me as I walked in.

She got up and walked over to me and put her arms around my neck to hug me.

I didn't say anything I just put my arms around her waist.

She started kissing my neck. "What did you do last night baby? You were sleeping in the guest room."

I remembered my plan for Jade last night. I was going to have her spend the night here.

Nothing was supposed to happen I was just supposed to get her to trust me enough for her to stay here.

That's why I told her to take me to that room. It was still in my mind.

"Nothing important, I just had a little too much to drink and stumbled into the room."

What am I doing? Just break up with her. She doesn't deserve your sympathy.

"Did get enough sleep baby?"

Why is she asking? She doesn't care. She's just keeping up her act.

I still played along. I looked at the clock on the wall and looked at the time. It was late.

"Yes I did. I should be fine for the rest of the day. I should go to work."

"Okay baby. Do what you need to do." She smiled and gave me a kiss on my lips.

She pulled away. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No." I leaned back in to kiss her back.

She didn't pull away from me. She kissed me back and put her hands on the back of my head to pull me inn closer.

I shouldn't be doing this. I don't want to stop but I hate her.

I cant let her go.

Not yet. Not until she feels the way I do.

Pain and anger.

I will continue my plan and have an affair.

With Jade.

********************

Jade's POV

Jax came into work late today. I guess he slept off the alcohol.

I'm still wondering if he knew what he was doing last night.

Drunk words can be sober thought but not always.

I'm still debating if I should check on him or not.

I saw him walk in. He just said hello and went into his office.

I looked over at Princess who was laying by the wall.

"What do you think I should do?"

She raised her ears.

"Should I go in?" I asked.

She just yawned and fell asleep.

"Well screw you I'm going in anyway." I got up from my chair and knocked on the door to Jax's office before entering.

He looked at me for a second before looking back at his computer.

"Is something wrong?" He asked in a monotone.

"I just wanted to check on you Mr. Baden." I walked into the room and closed the door behind me and walked over to his desk.

The room was dimly lit and the shades for the windows were down.

There was only lighting from his desk lamp and the dim bar lights.

"Why do you need to check on me Ms. holt." He looked away from his computer screen and just looked at me.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay from last night. No hangover?" I asked. I stood in front of his desk with my hands behind my back.

He moved his chair away from his desk and got up from his chair.

"I don't get hangovers Ms. holt." He slowly walked over to me.

I turned around as he was standing in front of me.

He was very close so I backed up until my butt hit the desk and my hands were on the desk

He just walked closer to me and his hands were on either side of me.

I was shaking a bit. I was very nervous. What was he doing?

"What would you do if something happened right now Ms. Holt?" He asked in a low voice.

I got flashbacks from last night. The names he called me and he wanted a kiss.

Did he want me to kiss him right now?

"What do you mean, sir?" I asked.

"What I said Ms. Holt. What if something happened? Anything?" He smiled at me.

"I... don't know. It depends on what it is." I responded.

"If someone kissed you. What would you do?"

"Well if it was someone like you I wouldn't allow it. Because you have a girlfriend."

"And if I didn't have one?" He put a piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"Then if I'm being honest I don't really know." I turned my head away from his hand.

He grabbed my chin softly so I would look at him.

"You think I don't remember what happened last night?"

"I-I don't know."

"You don't know? Isn't that why you came to check on me sweetheart?"

"Um..." I didn't say anything.

"I knew exactly what I was doing baby." He smiled at me and put his hand on my cheek. "Although I wasn't trying to get you drunk just less tense."

"You wanted a kiss. You have a girlfriend. Who would be heart broken if you do this."

"You hate her. I've noticed. And I hate her too. so don't fight it."

He leaned in until his lips touched mine.

*************************

Word count: 1126