8: We made the wrong choice

"Look what we found." The one pointing his gun at us said, the third man then took his mask of revealing it was the man who was behind bars, Alex exclaimed "Lou! Oh my god, Lou!" Dariush was thanking god and I smiled putting my hands down. Gabriel a little annoyed asked "Hold on, you know this guy?" pointing and stepping up to him where the other man from earlier pointed his gun at him and I pulled him back to me. "Do we know him? Hell, yeah we know him!" Dariush shouted, Gabriel still confused looked at me and them "He was behind bars in the sheriff's station..." I said smiling. "Lou, you know me. We're like this." Dariush continued "I wanted to free... Alex was the one who was like, "Leave him in there," and I was like, "Dude, let's free him. He's a human."" I rolled my eyes again for the maybe a millionth time now...

"Do you mind, if you could just tell these handsome men, the ones... pointing the shotguns at our face, to, you know... not... not do that?" we all looked at him with a sad look saying 'Please?' he then looked at one of them then back to us and said "I don't think anyone needs to get hurt tonight... but Alex..." I slowly started to move closer to Alex. "If you'd be so kind as to give me that?" Lou said gesturing towards the key "This?" Alex asked holding the key up slightly, Lou nodded "Yeah." he held it up higher saying "This is our only shot at defeating the aliens." Lou nodded again "Yeah. That means someone will pay a lot of money for it." he said to both of his men "Threaten them.." then, Both guns, were pointed at me and I stepped back holding my hands up "Give me. The key." Alex shook his head "Alex!" I exclaimed, he just shrugged and put the key down his shirt saying "I can't", I had tears in my eyes... I was about to die.

"I made a promise." he added Gabriel then panicked saying "Alex, just give him the key." Lou also spoke saying "You can give me the key and just walk away." He then pulled a knife out and said "Or I can cut that little princesses head off as well as yours and take it from the stump." Alex then said "I trusted you." "The cemeteries are full of people who trusted me." Lou said as he came toward me and Alex I closed my eyes tightly scared and mumbled "Shit." suddenly I heard a man scream and I open my eyes to see the Alien, this will be the only time I ever say I'm so happy that thing is here. It then attacked Lou and the other guy and I shouted "Guy's let's go!" we ran to the gate and tried unlocking and opening it, nothing worked. We looked behind us to see Gabriel still on the other side "Gabriel, what are you doing?" I shouted

He replied with "y/n, throw me the glow sticks!" I nodded and grabbed two throwing them over to him. This better work or I'm gonna die... literally. he started yelling and waving the glow sticks it turned around to him and I was gonna kill this dude, IF the alien doesn't I am. "Gabriel, Come on! You're gonna die!" I shouted as everyone else was and it started coming closer to him as Gabriel started to walk across the pooled cover "Hurry up, Gabriel! Come on!" I shouted again. He tripped in the center and I shouted "Gabriel!" he got up almost instantly and started walking over to us again. The alien screeched and hesitantly walked onto the pool cover, once it got on Gabriel grabbed us and we grabbed him pulling him out as soon as the lien got the the center in which the pool cover ended up making it go under.

I sighed of relief and held my heart as everyone else cheered and Gabriel came up to me he was about to say something before I said "Well done..." trying to hide the annoyance in my voice, he smiled and said "Thanks" rubbing the back of his neck, I grabbed him by his shirt's collar and said "You could've died though!" he raised a brow and said "Awe was someone worried?" I blush and said "Yes I was worried! You idiot!" we just stared at each other and both started to lean in, his lips brushed against mine until we heard someone do a wolf whistle, who was it? DARIUSH! "Alright, lovers, we gotta go." I rolled my eyes and we ran away.

I held Gabriel's hand as we were walking along one of the hills and Dariush said "That was the same alien from the camp. I thought we killed that thing." I nod and Alex says "If it came down with the capsule, that means it survived the heat of atmospheric re-entry. Which means it must have tremendous cellular regeneration abilities." the other three looked at me and I said "Think of it like wolverine." "Why the hell is this following us?" Gabriel asked and I laughed saying "Maybe it wants it's babies back." then Dariush said "Shut up!" then continued by saying "Maybe it's pissed about it dogs. You ever watch Marley and Me or Beethoven? It's a primal bond." I nod and he adds "It's out for revenge. Ask John Wick." Alex then says "You're putting human motives on an alien lifeform. No, it probably had orders to kill Collins. and anyone she came in contact with. We're just loose ends to this thing." 

Dariush argued saying "No, you know what, dog theory was better." ZhenZhen and I both spoke up "Who gives a frog's fat ass why?" everyone looked at us confused and she continued by saying "This ain't Comic-Con, bitches." I smiled and finished off by saying "All that matters is that it wants us dead. And obviously we can't kill it." "They're right. We should just keep moving." Dariush then said "I'm done with your ideas. You were the one who thought to let Hannibal Lecter out of his cell. Consider your leadership privileges... revoked!" I then said "We made the wrong choice, It's part of life, you can't say you haven't made a wrong choice, cause everyone has!"

"Look, why is it up to us to save humanity?" Dariush questioned and Gabriel argued with "What, do you think someone else should do it? Of course you do." I was pulled back by Alex and ZhenZhen since we all knew what was going to happen "The kid who's always had everything done for him." I then tried to but in saying "Gabriel--" he cut me off saying "Not right now Princess Peach." I was hurt, not cause he just called me a princess, he called me one who's almost always in danger, what's he trying to say, is he saying I'm not helpful? Is he saying that I'm always in danger? I just didn't speak after that as they continued to argue "Maybe Mommy and Daddy can pay the alien to go away, buy him a new Mercedes--" Dariush cut him off head butting him in the nose saying "Hey! You don't know my family dude. and they started to physically fight on the ground Alex and ZhenZhen went to get them off each other and I just stood there... Why am I not going to help? Maybe I'll put them in more danger, maybe I'll cause the alien to come back. 

"You don't know me. My family has nothing!" Dariush said "Oh, yeah? Except for a car dealership and a mansion and a yacht!" Gabriel shouted and Dariush again shouted " No, the dealership is gone. It's all gone. That's why they sent me to camp, man." Gabriel speechless said "It's... It's just stuff." "I don't know who I am without all that stuff." Dariush said and I sighed he continued by saying "And... they're taking my dad. He's going to jail." Gabriel calmy said "I'm... I'm sorry." beeping then came from the radio again and ZhenZhen went to get it out. while everyone was doing their thing, I just went to the cliff and looked at the situation.

*Gabriel's P.O.V*

"I'm sorry I head-butted you. You should clean that up." I nodded and he added "And I think you need to say sorry to "Princess Peach" over there" I looked over to who he was talking about and we just saw y/n talking to Alex nodding with a tight lip smiled before he walked away. I walked up to Alex and asked "What's wrong?" "You did kinda just called her a trouble-causer..." I furrowed my brows and said "How?" Alex said "Princess Peach always brings some sort of trouble or danger... think about it..." I nod and walk up to y/n to talk to her.