3

Michael and Tori join us on the dance floor, Michael yelling over the music to inform us that their drummer has finally arrived.

Calum peels off from the group to go retrieve Luke from where the girl with the red hair is grinding on him to the music.

I awkwardly shift my weight as Michael says something to Tori that makes her laugh. I'm glad they're hitting it off, but I'd really rather not be here in case they start making out any time soon.

Calum reappears next to me with Luke stumbling a little bit behind him, smirking lazily at me when I glance over at him.

I look down at my feet, ignoring the red coloring my cheeks. He's no good, even if he is infuriatingly hot.

"I guess we'd better go set up," Michael says, giving Tori a smile before plunging into the crowd.

My friend slides toward me, grinning. "Aren't you excited to see them perform?" she asks, nudging my shoulder with hers.

I rub my hands up and down my arms like I'm cold, biting my lip nervously. "Not as excited as you. How's Michael?" I inject a little lilt into my tone that she doesn't quite catch, doing my best not to ruin whatever game plan Michael's got going on.

"Good," she replies, smiling as she spots the band climbing onto the makeshift stage at the front of the room.

"Maybe we can find you a boyfriend in the band," she teases, bumping into me again. "Luke's pretty cute, don't you think? You seem to have caught his eye."

I frown as I look back at the band. Michael slings his electric guitar's strap over his shoulder while an unfamiliar boy with curly brown hair sets up a drum kit behind the other three. Calum tunes his bass, dark hair hanging down in front of his face. Luke adjusts the microphone stand in front of him, grinning when he notices me looking. I blush and look away again.

"I don't know," I murmur as I fiddle with the hem of my worn T-shirt. "He seems a bit douchey to me."

Tori doesn't respond and I look over at her to see that she wasn't even paying attention to my answer. Her eyes are fixed on the stage, more specifically the section Michael's on.

I smile as I shake my head back and forth, inching away from her as I slip to the edge of the room where there are less people. They press closer to the stage as the DJ cuts the music and turns the speakers over to the band.

"Hello!" Michael says into the mic, raising one of his hands. "We are 5 Seconds of Summer! We're going to play a few songs, if that's alright with you?"

The crowd cheers, screaming at the top of their lungs.

"This one goes out to a special girl," Luke says, finding me in the crowd.

I swallow hard and cross my arms across my chest, shrinking more into the shadows. He smirks as they launch into the intro, Ashton banging away on the drums while he and Michael shred on their electric guitars.

The instruments drop their intensity as Luke raises his hands to cup the microphone. "You walked in, everyone was asking for your name," he sings, a slight smirk playing across his face.

I turn a deep shade of scarlet when I realize what the song's about; a girl and a boy meeting at a party and leaving together, waking up beside each other.

Oh my god. Is he really hitting on me? I've never had a boyfriend before, let alone had sex. I hardly even know how it works.

Oh. My. God.

They play a few other songs, but I can hardly focus on the music. My mind is whirling. I barely hear the way the bass pounds in the speakers, the high, clear notes they hit as they sing the lyrics.

When they descend the stage and the DJ switches the music back to the electro dance songs he was playing earlier, I don't even move.

"So what did you think?" a voice breathes near me.

I jump and look up to meet Luke's ocean blue eyes. He smirks as I search for the right words, stuttering slightly. "You guys were really good," I manage to get out.

He steps a bit closer, a contemplative look in his eyes as he reaches out and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I shiver at his touch involuntarily and he looks pleased.

"You're different, Izzy," he mutters as his eyes flicker all over my face. I blush again, dropping my gaze to the ground. "I like your shirt," he says with a slight smirk. "But it would look even better on my bedroom floor. Allow me to prove it to you."

I frown. "But then I wouldn't be wearing anything."

He gives me a look. "That's kind of the point," he whispers as he moves closer. I can feel his breath on my face as he tilts his head down to look at me. "What do you like for breakfast?"

I blink up at him. "Pancakes. What about you?"

A slight smile curls his lips as he pulls back a little. "Oh, you're so innocent. It's adorable."

Luke lowers his voice as he says, "Tell me, have you ever even kissed someone?"

I shake my head slowly back and forth.

"I can change that," he mutters as he slides a hand underneath my chin to tilt it up.

He presses his lips to mine and my eyes widen in surprise. I don't know what to do. Luke takes a step forward, his other hand dropping down to my waist as he drags me closer to him. I think I'm kissing him back, but I'm not a hundred percent sure what's happening.

He breaks away and arches an eyebrow at me, waiting for a response of some kind.

"Well that just happened," I breathe.

Luke laughs, his lips twisting into a smirk. "You're not bad, Iz," he says, an intent look entering his eyes. I blush.

"Lukey," a girl's voice calls.

He turns to see the red haired girl over his shoulder. Slyly smiling at me, he starts walking toward her.

"See you around, Izzy," he says as the girl grabs his collar and drags him after her into the crowds.

I watch as he pins her against the wall and they get into a heated make out session.

What the hell just happened?