19

"Izzy!" Luke yells as he knocks on my bedroom door. "Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" He sounds a bit frustrated and annoyed, but I know that most of it is probably just thrown in for Tyler's benefit.

I pull on my black high heeled boots, raking a hand through my brightly colored hair as I twirl in front of the full length mirror propped up against my wall. "Just a second!" I call back as I grab my jacket from the end of the bed. I throw open the door and join Luke and my brother in the living room, suddenly a little self-conscious about my outfit. As a shy, innocent girl from a small town, usually I would wear is a pair of shapeless jeans and a sweater. But ever since I got out of my comfort zone with that significant party that threw me into this whole mess, I've been branching out.

Tonight's getup to the gig are tight black skinny jeans paired with a gray shirt that shows a little bit of my stomach, a choker fixed around the base of my neck. Clutching my jacket tighter to my body, I let my long hair fall over my shoulder to hide part of my face.

Luke's eyes widen as they travel along my body. But Ty's standing directly beside him, so he blinks and tears his eyes away from me, clapping his hands together. "Now that Isabelle finally graced us with her presence, can we go? I'm going to be late and I'm the lead singer, so that's a bit of an issue."

I roll my eyes, elbowing him playfully in the side as we walk toward the door. Tyler slips into the hallway first and Luke leans in close to put his lips next to my ear, whispering, "You look amazing, by the way."

I blush and duck my head, recovering quickly as we meet back up with my brother. Tyler slides into the passenger seat of my car while Luke claims a spot in the back, leaning forward to change the radio station as I pull up a gps to the venue of the band's gig. Thankfully, the drive is less than forty minutes. I don't think I can make it much longer trapped in a car with Luke and Ty. I keep wanting to spill everything to Tyler. I used to tell him all my little secrets in middle and high school, but now that I have the biggest secret I've ever had, I can't tell him anything. It's driving me crazy. Thankfully, he'll be gone soon and it will be much easier to keep my relationship with Luke hidden.

Luke stays completely silent the entire way, listening as Tyler asks me random questions and I try avoid the ones I can't answer, directing them at him instead. When we get close to the venue, he leans forward and points out the turn. I steer into the parking lot of the bar, shooting him a grateful look. I would have missed it if he didn't say anything.

"Are you nervous?" Tyler asks Luke as we step out of the car. "To perform, I mean."

Luke shrugs, shoving his hands into his pockets. He looks especially good tonight, dressed in his usual black jeans, holes in the knees. A leather jacket is thrown over a red flannel that looks so good on him that it's not even fair. Tyler steps up to the bar's entrance first, missing the way Luke winks at me when he catches me staring at him. I blush, reminding myself that he's not mine and I am not his. I'm Ashton's, no matter how badly I wish I was Luke's.

The three other members of the band are setting up on stage, looking up when we enter. Tori is talking to a girl with tan skin just like Calum's and dark hair. She runs over to us as soon as she spots us, throwing her arms around me.

"Izzy! I feel like it's better forever since I've seen you!" Tori pulls back from me to give Tyler a hug. "And Tyler! I didn't know you were in town, so good to see you! How's Mandy doing?"

"She's good," my brother responds, relieved that Tori's here even though I told him she would be. Like me, he likes familiar things and Tori's just about as familiar as it gets.

Calum hops down off of the stage, grinning at Luke. "There's our lead singer!" he says, pointing at my roommate. "I was starting to think you died on the way." He pulls his friend in for whatever weird handshake-back pat thing guys do. Cal rubs his knuckles on the top of Luke's head and he scowls as he ducks out of reach, fixing his hair.