5

When we pull up to the boys' apartment complex, Calum practically lunges for the door handle.

"Freedom!" he exclaims to the world as the rest of us pile out. "That's the last time I'm riding in the backseat with Michael and Tori."

I giggle under my breath as he leads the way down the hallways, Michael and Tori stumbling behind us with their arms wrapped around each other.

A group of college boys run past us, not bothering to slow down. I almost get plowed over by one, but Ashton hooks an arm around my waist as pulls me to safety.

We both blush as he lets go and I step away.

Calum unlocks the door, sweeping it open in a grand gesture. "Welcome to our humble abode," he says with a quick grin.

Their apartment is cleaner than I expected, only a few various items scattered across the kitchen counters.

Calum and Ashton push past me to the living room and I follow them. Michael grabs Tori's hand and they giggle as they disappear into one of the rooms down the hall.

Ashton shakes his head at them with a smile, flopping backwards onto the couch. "It's good to see that Michael finally got the girl," he muses.

I take a seat next to him, Calum sitting down on my other side. He sighs as he runs a hand through his mop of dark hair. "He's gonna talk my ears off about how Tori can kiss and how hot she is and blah blah blah. For all his bad traits, at least Luke doesn't go on and on about every girl he hooks up with."

Ashton let out a little dark laugh. "If Luke talked about all the girls he hooked up with, he'd never shut up."

He drags a hand down his face. "I'm tired; I'm going to bed. Night, guys."

Ashton waves goodbye as he slips into a different room branching off of the corridor.

Calum claps his hands together as he gets to his feet. Gesturing at the row of doors, he says, "You can sleep in my room if you want, Izzy. I can take the couch, it's no problem at all."

"I couldn't do that," I say with a slight frown. "Really, I'll take the couch. I'm kind of an early riser anyways."

"You sure?" He hesitantly shifts his weight.

"Absolutely," I promise, kicking my shoes off and settling onto the couch.

Calum smiles and shrugs, starting towards his room, calling over his shoulder, "Good night, Izzy."

I murmur back a good night, yanking the blanket folded across the back of the couch down. Yawning, I pull my hair back into a ponytail, curling up on my side. Their couch is rather comfortable and I'm asleep within minutes.

*

I wake up in the middle of the night, unsure of my surroundings. The party comes to back me, flashing before my eyes, and I feel my cheeks heat up as I remember Luke's hands on me.

Shaking my head in an attempt to clear it, I slide off of the couch and pad into the kitchen, deciding that I needed a drink. I rummage inside all the cabinets looking for a glass, cringing every time the doors slam a little loudly.

Setting my now-empty cup down in the sink, I turn to head back to the couch when the front door swings open. Two people stumble inside the apartment and I recognize one almost immediately.

Luke kicks the door shut behind him as the red haired chick from the party clings to his chest, giggling as she plants soft kisses up and down his neck.

He spots me standing stupidly still in the middle of the kitchen, a confused look in his piercing blue eyes.

"Izzy?" he slurs, clearly drunk. "What are you doing here?"

"Your friends said Tori and I could crash here," I mutter, fiddling awkwardly with the hem of my band T-shirt.

The girl from the party shoots me a dark glare, upset that I've interrupted her time with Luke.

I bite my lip, ducking my head. "I just got up to get a drink of water," I mumble, shrinking back to the couch.

Luke's eyes follow my movements the whole way, lingering on my subtle curves in a way that makes me blush furiously. He doesn't even seem to notice the girl pressed up against his side. He blinks, coming back to reality.

I sink down onto the couch as he leads the girl down the hallway, slipping into his bedroom.

I clench my hands into fists as I clutch the blankets tighter around myself. Who the hell was he and why did he make me feel things I've never felt before?