11

"Luke!" I yell as I storm across the apartment to where he's draped along the couch. "What the fuck are my panties doing on your ceiling?!"

He leans his head back against the couch, smirking at me while he plays with his lip ring with his tongue. "I like to look at them when I'm alone." He winks one of those crystal blue eyes at me and I scowl. "I can show you, if you'd like," he adds, grinning crookedly.

I scream in frustration and storm back to my room, my underwear clutched tightly in my hands. His laughter follows me down the hallway and I grit my teeth together. When he first moved in with me I thought we were starting to become friends. But he's far too much of an asshole to be anyone's friend.

My phone vibrates with a new text and I turn it on to read the message from Tori.

Party tonight @ 8! Whole gang's gonna be there. You should show too!

She shoots me the address and I frown as I contemplate it. Why not? An excuse to get away from Luke is one I'd gladly take. Seeing as it's already pretty late, I throw on my best, flashiest clothes and curl my bright blue hair. Sweeping make up across my features, I shove my phone into my back pocket as I walk down the hallway.

"I'm leaving," I tell Luke curtly, reaching for the door handle.

He frowns slightly but covers it up with an infuriating smirk. "If you have any hot stripper friends, make sure to hit me up," he calls back in a bored tone.

I scowl as I slam the door shut behind me. Even though he's driving me fucking crazy, I promised myself that I wouldn't throw him out. He has no where else to go and no matter how much I may hate Luke, I can't do that to him.

The party isn't very far from the apartment and already in full swing when I pull up. I find Calum in the kitchen, tossing back a red solo cup. He smiles when I enter, waving me over. "Hey, Izzy," he greets, a slight slur to his words. "I heard you got a new roomie. How's living with Luke treating you?"

I groan. "Don't remind me. I can't stand him."

He laughs humorlessly, taking another sip from his cup. "Yup, I know the feeling. Hey, everyone else is in the other room, I think."

I follow where he gestured to, stepping into the room where all the music is coming from. Tori and Michael are grinding on each other in the corner and Ashton awkwardly stands off to the side. I sidle up beside him, nudging his arm with mine to get his attention. "Hey. Not much of a partier?"

"Nope," he says with a smile.

I shrug, nodding my head toward the dance floor. "Wanna dance anyways?"

He laughs but lets me pull him out to the middle of the floor. I wrap my arms around his neck and he sets his hands on my hips. Ashton gets more into it the longer we dance, moving from simply swaying to something that might actually be considered dancing. I giggle when he works up the courage to dip me, clinging to his neck tightly so I won't fall on the floor.

He's a pretty good dancer, if he's willing to let his shyness fly out the window. His lips curve into a soft smile as he spins me around and I inhale a little bit too sharply when I come back around into his chest. We stop moving and stare at each other for a few seconds, neither one of us quite sure what to do.

Clearing my throat awkwardly, I say, "I'm gonna go grab a drink real quick. You want anything?"

He shakes his head and I slip back into the kitchen, feeling a little bit faint. Did I just almost kiss Ashton?

Tori and Michael stumble into the kitchen as I'm filling up an empty cup, Calum leaving a girl wearing a beanie to go over to them. I'm almost done when I feel a hand on my ass.

"Hey, babe," an unfamiliar voice breathes in my ear. "Looking for some fun tonight?" His hands wander all over the more private areas of my body and I shiver uncomfortably, frozen in place.

I jump slightly when someone slams him into the wall. Luke grips the front of the pervert's shirt tightly, forcing him violently into the wall. His blue eyes lit with anger, he spits, "Get your grubby hands off of her. If I ever catch you touching her again, I will kill you." Scowling for extra effect, he lets go of the offender. The guy takes off as quickly as possible, eyes wide in fright.

I look at him in shock. That's twice now he's saved me from creepy guys feeling me up and this time, he doesn't even like me. We're not friends, he's made that pretty clear. We live together and that's it. I only talk to him when I need the rent money or groceries. He's gone most nights and I'm gone in the mornings so I never have to see much of him.

Calum and Michael stare at their ex friend incredulously. Tori glances in between me and Luke as she clings tightly to Michael's arm.

Luke scowls as he pushes past me roughly to reach the dance floor. I grit my teeth but don't say anything. I wasn't expecting him to be here, least of all help me. I know he doesn't like me in any sense of the word. He's yelled at me, lashed out at me. A new girl's already on him and he presses slow kisses to her neck.

"I didn't know you and Luke were so close," Tori mutters.

Now it's my turn to scowl. "We're not." I tip back the cup in my hands, downing the fiery-tasting liquid. "I hate him, he hates me. End of story. Now, cmon let's go get our party on."