20

The bar's managers are more than happy to let us chill in their break room in the back after the gig, even sneaking us a few bottles of alcohol. They were thrilled at the crowd the band brought and invited them to come back every Friday to play.

"To 5 Seconds of Summer!" Calum says excitedly, holding up his bottle of beer. All of us clink our respective glasses together and drink. I cough as the fiery liquid goes down my throat and Luke smirks at me as he downs a large swig of his tequila.

Ashton and I sitting on the loveseat, his arm thrown casually around my shoulders. Luke tries to appear nonchalant, but he keeps sipping from his bottle regularly, especially when he glances over at me and Ashton. Tori is sitting on Michael's lap as he sits on the floor in front of the couch next to Calum. Mali and Tyler take the other couch and Luke is perched on the edge of the armchair, one long leg dangling down to touch the ground.

"Can you two please not do that?" Cal groans as Michael and Tori start making out. "There are other people here too, you know."

They don't respond, Mike's only response is clutching Tori closer to him. I roll my eyes playfully, trying to appear slightly annoyed. In reality, all I can think of is how badly I don't want Ashton to turn to me. That and how badly I wish it was Luke who was sitting so close to me.

Ash has a hand resting on my thigh and he's already extremely drunk. His grip is a little too tight and it's starting to hurt, but I don't say anything. He probably doesn't even realize he's hurting me. Turning away from his friends, he puts his lips next to my ear. "You look absolutely beautiful tonight," he murmurs against my skin. I swallow hard, looking down at the drink clutched in my hands. "And you belong only to me," he adds in a darker voice that sends shivers down my spine. I don't move, no matter how uncomfortable I feel. Ashton presses his lips roughly to my neck and tightens his grasp on my leg. His fingers dig in so tightly that I gasp.

"Ashton, you're hurting me," I say.

I know he hears me, but his hand doesn't lighten up. "You'll like what I tell you to," he growls. "You're mine. You do what I tell you to."

Panicking slightly now, I try to shove him off of me. He must be really drunk because he never acted anything like this before. Where is the sweet, shy Ashton I know? "Ashton, stop," I say a bit louder with a bit more authority. His hand travels further up my leg and I can feel the bruises forming on my skin. I cry out in pain.

Ashton is ripped away from me suddenly and I struggle to breathe, my body aching in all the places where he hurt me. To my surprise, it's Luke and not Tyler pinning my boyfriend to the wall. He looks absolutely furious, blue eyes blazing with unchecked rage. "She told you to stop," he says in a low, dangerous tone.

Ashton scowls fiercely, placing his hands on Luke's chest and shoving him backward hard. I bite down on my lip to keep from calling out as he stumbles. "What are you, her bodyguard?" Ashton snarls, getting all up in Luke's face. "She's mine, not yours, don't tell me what to do with her."

Clenching his jaw in anger, Luke opens his mouth to speak, but I throw myself across the room in between them. "Why don't we all calm down?" I suggest desperately, placing a hand on each of their chests. "You don't really want to fight each other. Look, I'm fine." I look from Ashton to Luke, giving the latter a firm look. He's dangerously close to blowing our cover.

Forcing all of the anger down, Luke nods slowly and returns to his place on the armchair. Ashton glares after him, flopping back down on the loveseat. Tyler gives Ash an uncertain, furious look. I really hope he doesn't try to start anything either. Tossing my brother a sharp look, I take a seat back down next to Ashton. He places his hand back on my leg, his grip no lighter than last time. I bite back the cry of pain, keeping everything to myself until it's time to leave.

"Let's go, Izzy," Ty says, extending a hand toward me. I take it, waving goodbye to Tori, Mali and the rest of the band. Luke scowls as he shoves past everyone to get to the door, positively fuming. "That guy's an asshole," Tyler practically screeches as we pull out of the parking lot. "You can't expect me to believe that you're really happy when you're dating that?!"

I bite my lip nervously, turning onto a different road. "It's not so bad," I murmur, hoping things will blow over.

Luke can't contain himself any longer and he leans forward in the middle between me and my brother. "Not so bad?!" he exclaims. "Izzy, he was hurting you!"

I start to panic a little, but fortunately Tyler doesn't read too far into the situation. "I agree with Luke!" he says. "What would Ashton have done if he didn't step in when he did?"

Tightening my grip on the steering wheel, I come to a stop at a red light. Lowering my voice, I say, "I don't know."

"You shouldn't be dating him," my brother says, concern etched across his face. He sets a gentle hand on my arm and I look away from him. "Izzy, he's no good for you. You should be with someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Not some asshole drummer drunk."

"Believe me, I've tried telling her," Luke grumbles bitterly from the backseat.

"Quit it, guys, I'm not breaking up with Ashton. He was just really drunk today, that's all," I say hopefully. My skin crawls just thinking about seeing Ashton again. Will he apologize or will he hurt me again? Will he stop when I tell him to or will Luke have to step in again? I'm not strong enough to fight back and Ashton knows that. But I didn't plan on him hurting me.