22

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I mumble into Tyler's shoulder.

He hugs me back, kissing me on the top of the head. "And I'm gonna miss you, little sis. Be good while I'm gone." Ty pulls away with a smile, locking eyes with Luke over my head. "Take care of her," he says firmly.

Luke nods solemnly.

I turn back to my brother, ignoring my roommate's presence. Feeling tears gather in my eyes, I throw my arms around him one last time before stepping away. "Send Mandy my love," I say as he picks up his bag.

"I will," Tyler says with a smile. He waves goodbye, his eyes flickering to Luke. I know he likes Luke a lot more than he likes Ashton. One of the first things he told me this morning was that he wanted me to break up with Ash and be with someone who's better for me. He added a meaningful look in Luke's direction that I tried to ignore. It's nice that Ty wants me to be with him because once this thing is all over, he'll be mine.

I take a seat on the couch, turning on my phone to read the newest notification. It's from Ashton, like I knew it would be.

The boys and I are having a little get together at our place tonight. You should stop by ;)💕

No "Sorry I acted like a douche last night, I was really drunk." Either he doesn't remember it or he was hardly drunk at all. The thought causes me to shudder and I bring my legs up to my chest, burying my face in my knees. What am I going to do? I don't feel safe around him anymore, but at least we won't be alone. Unless he wants me to go to his room with him...

"Hey, what's wrong?" Luke mumbles as he sits beside me, putting an arm around my shoulders.

Wordlessly, I show him the text. His frown turns into a scowl as he reads the message. "I-I don't want to go," I choke out, feeling like breaking down into tears. "He must not have been drunk at all last night. He scares me, Luke," I add in a small whisper.

"If it was up to me, I wouldn't let him touch you again. I promise I won't let him hurt you, Izzy," he says, leaning in to kiss my forehead. "Is that why you haven't broken up with him yet?" he asks gently.

I nod. "If I do... I don't know what he'll do." Locking eyes with Luke, I say in a rough voice, "He could've hurt you last night and he almost did. I'd rather be hurt by him again and again than watch him hurt you."

Luke's expression changes and he leans in, tilting my head up to kiss me. His arms come around me as I shift to get closer to him, locking my arms behind his neck to drag him down to me. I shiver in pleasure as his hand grips my thigh, sliding up to my hip. I move my mouth down his jaw to kiss his neck, frowning when I feel him freeze against me.

"Izzy," he says, looking in concern at my leg. Dark black and blue bruises in the shape of handprints mar the skin of my thigh.

Biting my lip, I adjust my shirt over top of the marks to hide them. "It's nothing," I mumble, ignoring the way my leg throbs slightly.

"It's not nothing," Luke says, clearly distressed. His blue eyes are wide and concerned, flashing slightly with anger when he gets another glimpse of the handprints. "Izzy, you said he hurt you, but you didn't say it was like this. This isn't okay."

I place my hands on either side of his face, forcing him to focus on my face. "It's fine, I'm going to wait a little bit for things to cool down before doing anything. Maybe he just had a really bad day yesterday and he didn't know he was hurting me. It's probably just a one time thing, there's no need to worry about anything more than that."

He stares at me incredulously. "Izzy, I heard him last night, he didn't sound like he was having a bad day. He's always been a bit bipolar, but he acted like you were an object for him to control, not a human who has thoughts and feelings. And I'd gladly fight him if he does anything like that again."