Chapter 8

Team 7 was standing in front of Haku's and Zabuza's grave, Sakura and Naruto having gloomy expressions, Sasuke was emotionless, Kakashi was giving Selene worried looks, while Selene she didn't dare come close to the grave but stood leaning against a tree looking into the distance. 'Looking at it from my perspective...shinobi's life isn't meant to have peace, but knowing the plot...Naruto will make that peace but I wonder, will I be still beside him? Or will I follow my own path? A path which might lead to my second death...' Selene thought looking down at her palm which she made a fist. 'This'll not end with me dying without accomplishing something first.' Selene thought pushing off the tree and leaving.

Everyone was standing at the finished bridge seeing team 7 off as the saviours of their town. "S-Selene?" Inari spoke up shyly with guilt looking into the floor. "I...I'm very sorry for..." Inari was cut off when Selene placed a hand on his head surprising him. "Don't worry about it...its in the past, now is the present. Stay safe." Selene spoke and without anymore action she left first followed up by Kakashi and Sasuke, Sakura waited for Naruto to say his goodbyes before leaving too.

When team 7 made it back Kakashi gave in his report letting the Genin's go have some days off. "Lord 3rd...there's something I didn't mention in my report...it involves Selene Uzumaki." Kakashi spoke looking into Sarutobi's eyes with seriousness.

Selene was out on team 7 training grounds working out her body, yet not the way shinobi usually do by physically working out. She was using her chakra sitting in a meditating position. She applied her dense chakra to her muscle fibres, feeling the cells within her muscles and stretching them using her chakra, storing them with chakra. Powering them up to their max before gradually stretching them out breaking them down before simultaneously rebuilding them.

This process was hardly called training due to how much torture you do to your body this way. She was sitting there trying to level out her breathing while her clothes where all soaked in sweat. Her body was twitching in different places from the sudden pain impulses. She had a pained look with her lips bitten down. She breathed out a painful yet relieving sigh stopping her hours long training shooting her eyes open looking exhausted. "Seems I found a new training method." Selene muttered glancing down at her hand.

A few days later Selene was dragged around by Naruto. "Say um, Selene-chan...we um, never talked about your past." Naruto muttered out hesitant sitting on a swing beside Selene. "What about it? Its all in the past." Selene muttered not looking his way. "Its just...I too know the feeling of loneliness...but its never too late to make bonds, you've got friends, you've got team 7." Naruto spoke making Selene glance at him. "Words wont make a difference Naruto, its actions that count...but if words could actually change something, then they must be some powerful words. But..." Selene spoke looking down up into the sky.

"Pretty words aren't always true, and true words aren't always pretty." Selene spoke making Naruto about to say something but retracted noticing that there was nothing else to say. The duo went on their journey before noticing a square box following after them, Naruto chose to play along and ran from one end to the other.

'Seems Naruto is worried about me...well that's not a surprise, its Naruto we're talking about. His always protecting his precious friends, and worries about them...yet what is this feeling lingering in my chest, the unease.' Selene thought noticing three kids popping out from the box, then Sakura joined them surprisingly. "Ah, Selene, I didn't see you there. Hey." Sakura greeted getting closer to Selene.

"Thank you for the training method Selene, I've improved quite a lot with your help." Sakura spoke genuinely smiling at Selene. "I'm glad. You'll need to train your body as well, practice your kunai and shuriken throwing." Selene spoke making Sakura raise her eyebrows before avoiding her look. "Would you...would you help me?" Sakura asked shyly. "Sure, I'll give you a few pointers."