Chapter 10

As soon as Sasuke felt better they moved out already losing a day. Sasuke felt guilty of what he did but couldn't bring himself to say anything, his Uchiha pride didn't let him. He just had that urge of challenging Selene and couldn't stop himself, yet for some reason he felt deep hatred.

They made a stop at the river for some food, Selene and Sasuke went to catch fish while Sakura and Naruto look after their spot. "How are you holding up?" Selene asked in the water having her pants rolled up and her sandals on the dry land. "Hn." Sasuke hummed focusing on fishing out fish with his hands. "Well that's helpful...you done yet?" Selene spoke making Sasuke confused, he glanced round seeing Selene on dry land with 6 fishes making his jaw to drop. He then avoided her figure seeing the bandages slightly soaked from the sprinkling water. "Use your sharingan, it is your special ability." Selene mocked making Sasuke grit his teeth knowing he couldn't use it due to the curse mark.

"Teme, why have you only caught one fish? I was right, you are a Teme!" Naruto laughed making Sasuke shoot him a glare. "Shut it Dobe, like you could do better." Sasuke shot back mockingly. "Shut up and eat, conserve your energy. We'll be going up to the tower as we don't have much time left." Selene informed. "That's quite the strategy." Came a voice from the woods making team 7 jump to their feet on alert. 'I didn't sense him, is that how problematic it is for others when I suppress my chakra?' Selene thought looking into the woods to only reveal Kabuto.

"What do you want? We can easily kill you." Selene spoke making Kabuto chuckle. "You wouldn't, after all you do need a guide to get to the tower safely." Kabuto spoke smiling. "I don't think so...you either leave, or I personally kill you." Selene warned with her chakra and killing intent flaring up shocking Kabuto. 'So this is what the Genin's back at the academy experienced, she is quite intimidating.' Kabuto thought. "Think about it...the more the merrier." Kabuto spoke before seeing Selene disappear in a blur of speed shocking him. He dodged at the last second getting his side sliced deeply shocking him.

"I see...then don't blame me if you won't make it. What about your team? What do you think?" Kabuto asked remaining calm glancing at the rest specifically at Sasuke. "You better think with who you're messing with pal! Believe it!" Naruto yelled out confident. "Then I'll take my leave." Kabuto spoke disappearing in the shadows.

Team 7 were making their way through the forest before stopping. "Selene?" Sakura asked concerned seeing Selene looking around. "We're under an illusion...there's a group around here, three ninjas." Selene explained before illusions of three ninjas from team oboro the specialists at illusions appeared with an army of them. "Woah! Are they using clones too?!" Naruto yelled out shocked. "They're not real, they're illusions but it doesn't mean they cant attack as. Naruto, make two clones, one of me and the other of Sakura. You stay here with Sasuke as bait. Sakura, follow me." Selene explained making Naruto nod yelling out, while Sasuke gritted his teeth. 'Using me as bait?!' Sasuke thought.

"Why me?" Sakura asked following after Selene making it round the fight which didn't go their way. "You need experience in fighting too. Plus they cant steal away the girls spotlight." Selene answered smiling making Sakura smile and nod. "Right!" she replied following after. They jumped down into a dip finding the three ninjas hiding there. "After you Sakura."

Sakura with Selene came out with the trio ninjas dropping them in front of Naruto and Sasuke. "Here they are, and it seems that ninja was left alive by the nature..." Selene spoke glancing down at the ninjas with a tempting feeling twitching towards her sword, she reluctantly grabbed her wrist with her other hand stopping herself. 'I got so used to killing that I begun having urges for blood.' Selene thought flinching at herself, of how she changed so much through the years.

They made it into the tower and solved the riddle on the wall getting Iruka to appear and congratulate on their passing to the next round. When they made it inside they were met with all rookie 9 and some other genin's such as Kabuto's team, Lees team and Sand team. The proctor for that part explained about preliminaries due to how much genin's were left, only 10 genin allowed to advance. Kabuto left making up the excuse of getting severely injured. Meaning that they will choose 9 pairs of genin's for a bout at random only last two genin's don't need to fight.