1

"Darling, please don't play with your food" I sighed as I watched my 5-year-old son eat his breakfast.

Being a single mum is harder than I expected, for a 5-year-old, Storm could be so grumpy and such a pain sometimes. Sorry for not introducing myself, but my name is Juvia Lockser and this is the story about how life is like for a single mother such as myself.

I lived in a small apartment in Fiore, it wasn't much but it was just enough space for me and Storm.

"But Mom" He complained. I shook my head.

"No buts! Don't you want to be a powerful wizard one day and make mummy proud?" I asked. He nodded excitedly.

"Of course mommy! Who wouldn't?!" He asked sarcastically. "Then make sure to eat everything on your plate." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Okay!" He gave me a huge smile, that precious smile...he reminded me so much of his father...I miss his smile...

"Mommy?" Storm asked interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"What about daddy?" That question surprised me. Storm never ever asked questions about his father or somewhat a father figure.

"W-what about him, darling?" I replied nervously. Even though Storm was 5 years old he was really smart for his age...

"All the kids at school have dads...how come I don't have a father?" He asked a bit curious.

"U-um you do have a father it's just he's gone on a l-long journey b-but he'll come back one day, I promise" I lied, whilst playing with my fingers nervously and feeling a bit guilty.

He looked at me suspiciously. "Pinky swear?" He asked pointing out his pinky. "I swear" I then wrapped my pinky around his.

After that, Storm continued his meal, changing the subject and babbling on about different topics.

"Hurry up Storm, you'll be late for school," I said putting his lunch box in his book bag.

"I'm finished, mommy!" I handed him his shoes then took his plate.

Whilst he was putting on his shoes, I washed all the dishes, quickly fixed my hair in the mirror, and then I got ready to leave.

"Let's go Storm" I grabbed his hand and we walked out of my apartment, not forgetting to lock the door.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"See ya later honey" I waved at him once more before he went inside with his friends.

I then left Storm's school and made my way to Sabertooth...my guild.

I've been living in this town for 5 years now and a lot has happened. After being pregnant with Storm, I decided to run away from Fairy tail due to personal reasons, and live down here near Sabertooth.

I'm not an official member of Sabertooth but Sting, the master of the guild was nice enough to let me help out in the guild and complete some quests, so I could also provide for Storm.

"Hey, Juvia!" My good friend Yukino greeted me as I arrived at the guild.

"Hi Yukino," I waved.

"Sting wants to have a word with everyone."

Oh?

"What's up? Is something the matter?" She shrugged.

"I'm not quite sure yet, but let's go." She grabbed my hand and led me to the main part of the hall.

"Hey guys, as you know the grand magic games are coming up," Sting said.

A rave of cheer came from the whole guild, I smiled. Everyone's happiness and joy reminded me so much of fairy tail's, I kind of missed all my former guildmates and my best friend Gajeel...but what's done is done, I love my new life down here and my new guild Sabertooth.

"I want you all to do your best! And Juvia I know your not a proper member of our guild, but the judges said it was ok for you to participate as our guild member in the games this year"

I then suddenly thought of this as a great opportunity to show Storm how powerful I am in battle, not just as his mother but as a role model too.

"Sure! I don't mind participating, I'll do my best" I smiled. Getting applause from everyone.

"Thanks, Juvia" Yukino gave me a small hug.

"Everyone begin training because the games start in 2 months' time," Sting told us one last time before we got dismissed.

After we got back to what we were doing Yukino tapped my shoulder.

"Juvia do you want to train together?" Yukino asked happily.

"We can start tomorrow!"

"Ok see ya and tell Storm aunty Yukino said hi." I giggled 

"I will! take care" I waved then made my way to Storm's school.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"MOMMY!!" Storm ran up to me in my arms.

"How was your day sweetie?" I grinned lifting him up him.

"It was fun! Some of the teachers were showing us their magic it was awesome!" He smiled.

I then suddenly realized something.
"Darling where are your pants?"

"Uh"

Not again...

"STORM!!!"

"I-I lost it, mommy, please don't shout at me" He gave me that cute innocent look. I just shook my head and began to laugh, he's just like his father. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I promise to protect him with all my heart, I love you so much Storm.

The sun began to set and I carried him all the way home. What another lovely peaceful day, somewhat too peaceful. I wonder how everyone else in Fairy tail is doing...

I know this may seem like a boring chapter, but I guarantee you this story will get more interesting eventually!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter thanks for reading❤

Pssst

This story came first place in the Gruvia awards!!
 Please support the @GruviaCommunity for news and updates! and future contests they may hold x