Chapter 2

[Beam POV]

"Thank you khrub.", I said to the waiter, same goes with Forth.

While waiting for our order, Forth and I just keep silent. What do you expect for me to speak, after a year this is the first day we went out to eat together. Even at our own house, we never communicate to each other nor eat together. I found it real weird and awkward too.

After 5 minutes of silence, suddenly Forth cough just to break the awkwardness. I look at him and give a slight smile. Look, I don't even know what to talk to him.

"Beam."

Shiaa. He just call me, why did my heart pounding to loud?

"Huh?"

Forth looks at me for a second then suddenly look down and chuckle. I frown. What's so funny? Is there something on my face?

"Why are you laughing?", I asked.

"No. It's just, It's been a while since we talk to each other like this. I feel awkward.", he said.

Fuck, Forth! No need to mention. We've been awkward like this since the day we know we'll be married. And you were angry so much.

I just give him a slight smile. Actually I still haven't ready for this. Having a face to face with him. Because through the first year of our marriage, we never get to close and talk like this. Short of words, we were like a totally strangers.

"Beam, it's good to talk to you again.", he said.

I look at him. He sounded like all this time I was the one who doesn't want to talk to each other. You the one who avoided and doesn't talk to me all this time Forth.

"you're the one who keep quiet all this time, Forth. You tried to avoid me." I said sarcastically.

"I know. I'm sorry."

I sigh.

"I know we are married not because of love. We can make up everything. But everytime I try to talk to you, all you did was ignoring me like I'm not exist. Your action makes me feel bad. It hurts you know?", I said.

I look at him. I found his upset face after I said that to him. But what else I can say? That's what I've been wanting to say to him.

"I'm sorry."

"No. It's okay. I've been through this for a year and I don't feel anything anymore. It doesn't matter to me.", I said.

No one of us talk after that. Thanks to the foods, the awkward and cold moment fade a little bit.

•••••

I enter the house and leave Forth behind. I really want to go and lock myself in the room now. I don't want to talk to him for the time being. Don't ask me why. I don't know either.

"Beam."

I stopp when Forth call my name.

What's now?

"Here's, your car key.", he said.

I turn and walk to him. I reach the car key from his hand and stepp away again.

"Beam."

For uncle Pete's sake, Forth! What do you want?!

"What's wrong?", he asked.

"Nothing. I... I just want to rest."

"Beam."

Without waiting any further, I ignore him calling my name and run upstairs then get into my room. Phew! That was close.