Part six- Scorpio

(November 15th, 2020)

Light brushes the fringe of a young man, as morning breaks through the gap in the curtains of his dim room. A boss battle blazes across the screen as the game comes to a close. His Libra companion across the citadel, in a bedroom not too different from his, starts to slow down.

̈ ̈ What's happening?"

"The door down the hall opened, shit, shit, shHHH"

His audio cuts out as his friends avatar leaves the server. The game shuts off and with that, the battle will have to restart for what seems to be the hundred millionth time this month. Goddamnit. The young boy breathes a sigh of defeat, which inadvertently fogs up the thick lenses of his tortoiseshell frames. He flops back onto his bed, which is now a mess of chip crumbs and empty soda cans, crumpled and derelict. He yawns, loudly. It's only 4:30 in the morning, still time to rest. He knows that he should sleep, yet somehow he still lays there, unblinking, unmotivated, and unmoving.

Ultimately, some form of sleep arrives, though he doesn know when.

As he wakes up, still coated in a carpet of snack crumbs, day is in full swing. His Aunt bustles around, minding her own business, up and down the hallway of creaky floorboards, dusting and humming to herself. His mind starts to drift elsewhere, towards the boss battle that suddenly seems less and less likely at this moment. He lays back down, brushing off the crumbs this time, and rolls over.

The familiar screech of the wooden board directly outside of his bedroom door jolts him back into reality, scrambling to pick up his floor before...

SLAM.

The door hits the wall, completely missing the doorstop. His Aunt walks in, apparently not minding her own business anymore.

Well, that's the Scorpio Society for you.