Part Seven- Sagittarius

(December 9th, unknown year, summer)

She stands like a terracotta soldier, bathing in the sunlight, toes touching the edge of the water. Her mind urges her inch by inch, further into the oceans grasp, and she obeys. Her board is strapped to her ankle, waiting for the opportunity to ride a wave.

Shouts of joy emanate from the shore after every resonating crash of a wave. A glorious day for surfing, bodyboarding, and general water fun on the coast. In the corner of her eye, she watches the surf lifesaving club running their drills. Water is dripping off of her cherry red swimsuit, and her bright purple board bumps against her ankle, swaying on the current of the water, sun occasionally glaring off of the water droplets.

The stunning teal water twinkles in the summer light, tiny colourful dots pepper the waves, floating on the ocean like apples bobbing in water. A ball floats on the summery breeze, bopped around by tiny hands on the horizon.

As the clock ticks over to evening, the flags are dragged closer together, keeping everyone safe. People obey, moving closer. The density of people starts to thin, as more and more people go home to get dry and warm. The breeze has a slight chill to it now, but her shift is not yet over.

This job fills the space left behind when the Zodiac came to take her brother. The only reason she hasn't bitten back at them.

There is a scream from behind a large group of rocks, scattering the crowd that had formed to wait for their turn to jump off. Another cry rings out, and the blue water is now purple, turning red.

Mind blanking, she runs toward the boat waiting mere steps away from her. This is her time to shine.

This is what the Sagittarius Surf team were trained for, now is the time to prove themselves.