Part Nine- Aquarius

And so, the zodiac divisions begin...

(February 9th, 2017)

In that split second on the swings, she was gone.

"That.. that group. They took over our laws and made us learn about "zodiac" in school but we never thought they'd be able to turn our friends and classes away from each other. I still remember the look on her face as the telltale cars pulled into the school yard, and walked our way. She cried. I cried. I closed my eyes and willed her to be back, not to be hauled off to what I now know is a place called "Mercury Towers", right? Yet she was still gone when my eyes opened again.

I miss the soft scent of the rose perfume she stole off of her mothers vanity, and the curls that fell down her back, always woven with tiny daisies. Her white dresses and red lips, her emerald eyes and the way her laugh jingled like wind charms when she laughed at one of my jokes..

The other "Aquarius" girls aren't ever going to replace the friendship that we had. One day we'll find each other again. I can feel it. I'll see her dark curls in the crowd, and smell the soft rose smell on the wind.

We will find ourselves, and each other again. It'll be like she never left. I hope she at least has her mum with her... they took our mum. I still have you with me dad, I'm so lucky in that way. I really hope she comes back, or they can let me send her letters. I have so much I want to tell her. Dad? Will they ever let her come back, now that she's a "Gem-in- eye?" A lock of bright red curls fall in front of the trembling girls eyes as she stares up at her father, waiting for some form of acknowledgement, something to remind her that she isn't holding on to unreachable dreams.

But she knows she can only dream, her Gemini friend will not be back.

There's so much that this girl needs to learn... That Gemini girl she idolises is gone, changed by the way their side of society works. She's now addicted to technology, and escapism is the only relief they have from work, and total rule from the Zodiac. We will keep moving. We will have total control. The Zodiac will leave the world Divided... Only to return and sew them back together, a monster of big-headed beliefs and differences. We aim to please the Zodiac.