Chapter Forty-Five

Chuck is on the phone with what appears to be an escort service. He is pacing in his kitchen. The document on his computer screen reads "Supernatural – Lucifer Rising by Carver Edlund".

"Oh, yeah? Really? At the same time? Really? Wow. T-that sounds... moist" the woman on the phone laughs.

"Well, it can be"

"Uh, what are your rates?"

"We can get you one girl, one hour -- $1,000"

"Okay. Then, uh, I'll take 20 girls for the whole night"

"I'm not sure you can afford that"

"Lady, sometimes you got to live like there's no tomorrow" Castiel, Erika and Dean appear suddenly. Chuck looks up in shock. "Wait. T-t-this isn't supposed to happen"

"Sir?"

"No, lady, this is definitely supposed to happen, but I just got to call you back" Chuck hangs up. "I..."

.............

Lilith has acquired a number of demonic minions and is setting up something ritual-like at the altar. A minion approaches her nervously, holding a chalice full of blood. He hands it to her and looks down. She smiles at him.

"Don't be afraid. We're going to save the world" He walks away and she turns her back. There is a sudden deep rumbling noise. When she turns back, all of the minions that had been lining the hallway have collapsed to the ground. Around the corner, Sam appears. He stalks forward deliberately. Lilith raises a hand; the door between her and Sam slams shut.

.............

Dean stands with Erika and Castiel, Chuck stands across from them.

"St. Mary's? What is that, a convent?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, but you guys aren't supposed to be there. You're not in this story"

"Yeah, well..." Castiel glances at Dean and Erika. "We're making it up as we go" Chuck's computer screen flickers as a great rumbling begins, accompanied by a blinding white light.

"Aw, man! Not again! No!"

"It's the Archangel!" Castiel states before turning to Dean and Erika. "I'll hold him off! I'll hold them all off! Just stop Sam!" Castiel claps Dean and Erika on the foreheads, transporting them away.

................

Erika and Dean appear in an empty part of the convent, they both look around.

"Come on" Dean walks down a hallway, Erika follows him.

"Maybe I shouldn't be here" she tells him. "This is a you and Sam thing. A Winchester thing..." Dean turns to her.

"I want you here" he tells her, he takes her hand. "Plus we're dealing with Lilith, bring the biggest baddest vampire" he teases, she nods. "Come on" they hurry off.

................

Castiel and Chuck stand side by side to face what comes. Chuck places a hand on Castiel's shoulder; Castiel gives him a look, and Chuck drops his hand in embarrassment.

................

Sam enters the sanctuary and flings out a hand. Lilith is flung across the room, slamming into the altar and falling to the ground. Sam, with Ruby behind him, advances on Lilith and flings out his hand again. Lilith is forced back against the altar. Dean and Erika round a corner and sees what is happening in the sanctuary. Ruby looks back at them and smiles. She puts out a hand and the doors to the sanctuary close before Erika slams into them.