Chapter Sixty-Nine

At Alaric's Residence: Erika and Klaus/Alaric is at the door with Maddox. Katherine is making coffee.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Maddox tells them.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body"

"If you get hung up, call me, love" Erika offers. "You know how impatient he gets" she teases looking to Klaus/Alaric, Maddox smirks and leaves. Klaus/Alaric closes the door.

"Where is he going?" Katherine asks. She holds out her coffee for Klaus.

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do"

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Katherine asks.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us" Erika answers leaning against the wall, Klaus puts the moonstone on the table.

"I've killed the witch, we have the moonstone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. Ohh, we are sp ready to break this curse" Klaus looks to his twin softly.

"And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you" Katherine asks.

"Because we have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger" Erika answers.

"I didn't realize that was a requirement"

"Well, how could you? You betrayed us and fled England before we could give you the details, Katerina" Klaus answers, Erika smirks.

"But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool" Erika answers. "Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were"

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt"

"And that's exactly what we're counting on" Klaus compels Katherine. "You can't leave until I tell you to" He leaves, Erika smirks and grabs her coat before following.

..................

Erika walks along the main street towards the Mystic Grill, when she hears a familiar rumble.

"No" she whispers and looks around, spotting the impala. "Bloody morons" she growls as it parks across the street from her, Dean and Sam climb out, she shoots them both a look before crossing the road to them. "What are you doing here?" she asks.

"We're in this together," Sam tells her. "So whatever this weapon is" Erika sighs and closes her eyes.

"It's me," she tells them. "I'm the weapon, I'm here to break my bloody curse" the brothers share a look before looking to her.

"You're the weapon?" Dean asks.

"Yes, love" she answers. "I'm the weapon.....breaking the curse I will become a hybrid" she sighs. 

"Then we help" Dean offers.

"No" Erika corrects. "You don't get to be a part of this"

"Why not?" he asks back, she takes a breath and looks away.

"Because to break it you have to do things you don't like" Sam points out. "You have to be Eris" she looks to him. "And not Erika" she nods.

"There's people in this town plotting to kill Nik..and by extension me......one of them happens to be the doppelgänger needed to break the curse" she turns and walks down the street, Sam and Dean follow. "Elijah also happens to be in town," she tells them. "Daggered in a basement"

"Want us to break in and get him out?" Dean asks, she smirks.

"No, Elijah is here to kill us too," she tells him. "For now he stays where he is. I'm hungry" she tells them. "Let's get breakfast" she drops back looping arms with Dean, he smiles at her.