Chapter Fifty-Nine

A bolt on the pipe in the wall is spinning. Castiel is still in the fire ring, Meg watching.

"You seem pleased"

"We're gonna win. Can you feel it? You cloud-hopping pansies lost the whole damn universe. Lucifer's gonna take over heaven. We're going to heaven, Clarence"

"Strange, because I heard a different theory from a demon named Crowley"

"You don't know Crowley"

"He believes Lucifer is just using demons to achieve an end, and that, once he does, he'll destroy you all"

"You're wrong. Lucifer is the father of our race. Our creator. Your god may be a deadbeat. Mine—mine walks the earth" Castiel gets the bolt loose and pulls the pipe free of the wall. It slams Meg through the fire into Castiel's arms. Castiel presses his palm to Meg's forehead. Nothing happens. Meg laughs. "You can't gank demons, can you? You're cut off from the home office and you ain't got the juice. So what can you do, you impotent sap?"

"I can do this" Castiel leans closer as if to kiss Meg, then throws her down across the fire. She screams. He walks out across her back.

...............

Lucifer stares at the mass grave. Erika glares at Lucifer. Dean glances between them. The ground rumbles. Castiel appears next to Erika, Sam, and Dean and holds a finger to his lips. Lucifer turns and all three are gone. He walks forward.

"Oh, hello, Death"

.................

The glasses from Ellen and Castiel's drinking competition are still on the table. The TV is on, showing a tornado; the captions read "STATE OF EMERGENCY, Paulding County" and "KOUA 16".

"Just received an update that the governor has declared a state of emergency for Paulding County, including the towns of Marion, Fetterville, and Carthage. The storm system has reportedly touched off a number of tornadoes in the area" Erika, Sam, Dean, and Bobby are gathered around a table, fresh drinks poured for them, they sit in silence. "Death tolls have yet to be estimated, but state officials expect the loss of life and property to be staggering" Bobby leans forward and pours himself another drink. Dean takes Erika's hand.

...................

Erika slaps Lucifer who chuckles and grabs her throat pushing her back against the wall.

"You gave me your word you wouldn't hurt him" she scolds, struggling.

"If you did as I wanted, which you didn't" he corrects and licks her cheek. "You're lucky it was just a punch, I had so many more things planned for him, the man that stole you from me, that turned you from me"

"You did that" she corrects, "You left me and then....you turn up after more than a thousand years and try act like nothing's changed, you try and get me to hurt the people I care about...." she shakes her head. "You did all the damage....." Lucifer stares at her. "You broke me, you broke my heart" he lets her go and she slides down the wall to sit on the floor. Lucifer bites his lip and nods.

"You're right" he admits. "But I didn't do it through choice," he tells her. "I lost you too" she looks up at him. "Trapped in a cage with nothing but my memories of you" he crouches and brushes his fingers over her cheek, removing a tear or two. "I lost you too" he repeats, she nods, he slides down the wall next to her. "I was going to ask you to come with me," he tells her. "You and me, wreaking havoc" he looks to her. "I wanted you to be my queen" he admits. She looks at him.

"I have to go," she tells him, he closes his eyes and nods. Erika stands and straightens her jacket.

"I never meant for you to hate me" he admits opening his eyes, she sighs and closes her eyes.

(1) The Devil's Hybrid (D. Winchester)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara