Starting a FanFiction

So, you want to write a fanfiction, but don't know where to start? Try these tips, and see what works for you!

(• Well, first of all, you gotta choose which fandom you want to write a fanfic about hehe)

• Brainstorm ideas for character, plot, etc. The moment you have an idea of any sort (even if it's an idea for the very end of the book), write it down. Mind-map it. Expand on any ideas you like- connect ideas together. That way you can come up with a whole lot of interesting ideas to bring your fic together!

• I'd also recommend doing a little research (yes, I know, 'ew research', but bear with me) about the world building of whatever fictional world you're going to set your fanfiction in. The better understanding you have of the world, culture and pre-established characters, the better your writing about it will be (more in depth understanding, furthermore giving off a more 'realistic' atmosphere to the reader).

• Ask friends / peers for advice. Often they can come up with ideas that you would never have even thought of (and vice versa). (You don't have to tell them absolutely everything about your ideas, just the parts you feel you need some advice on)!