14

When I was getting to know Brad, it felt as if I've known him for years, but as we both got busier, the spark between the both of us died down and I felt like nothing towards him anymore.

Lessons were getting harder and harder. I was having sleepless nights, and Ally did not go out that much anymore. However, there were times when Tristan would come over and give us coffees, which was nice of him. When those times would come, however, I would get tempted to ask him about Brad, but I never gathered the courage to do so.

Why didn't I ask Brad myself? Well, I knew that his schoolwork was getting harder and harder, too. I didn't want to disturb the guy, who happened to be a candidate for graduating with highest honors.

Yes, he's a big brain.

"How can you think of school during a time like this?" Ally asked, then I shifted my gaze from my book to a really stressed Ally and removed my earphones.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I asked, then she sighed and plopped down on my bed.

"You should think about her. Look at them," Ally said as she handed me her phone, then I watched Tristan's latest Instagram story. The boys were partying again, with Brad being touchy with another girl.

"What about it?" I asked, then Ally rolled her eyes.

"Roe! You should be out there getting your man. What are you even doing here?" Ally said, then I chuckled.

"Ally, I literally cannot understand our current lesson, and that's why I prefer to study than party. Plus, I have no man there," I said, then Ally smirked.

"Because Brad is a boy who is physically incapable of growing facial hair for his age?" Ally said, then I chuckled and playfully rolled my eyes before paying attention to my book again.

"I won't be able to convince you to come with me to this party, am I right?" Ally asked, then I nodded my head. Ally put my book down so that we're looking at each other's eyes.

"Please? You can study in my car. I'm just going to pick up Tristan because he isn't feeling well," Ally begged, but I shook my head no.

"Can't you go there by yourself? Sorry, but, I'm not really in the mood to go out," I told Ally, who was sporting the biggest pout I've ever seen, causing me to give in.

"Fine. But I won't go with you to the party, okay? I'll just stay outside and study," I said, then Ally sighed in relief.

"If that isn't enough, you're free to crash my car while I'm gone," Ally said as she stood up from my bed, then I gave her a mischievous smirk.

"Nevermind. But, still, thank you so much for this. I owe you," Ally said, then I shrugged.

"We look out for each other. It's the best I can do," I said, then she hugged me.

"I'm thankful to have you as my roommate," Ally said, then she grabbed a fresh set of clothes and proceeded to the bathroom. I, on the other hand, put a strapless bra on, because I honestly can't be bothered to change my clothes, which were my white, unicorn head patterned pajamas.

I put my red Converses on, then I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair to make it look halfway decent. Ally came out of the bathroom, then we both went to her car after securing our passes.

Ally parked the car right beside the club they were at, then she grabbed her purse.

"If you ever need something, just call me, okay?" Ally said, then I nodded my head. She left, then I reclined the backrest a little, rested my feet on the dashboard, and began to read with the light on. I eventually focused on what I'm reading, then I tried to recall everything that was essential.