24

New Year's Eve parties on my aunt's rooftop were the absolute best because they're catered by my dad and they're the only times when we meet with our relatives from my dad's side, who were all angels.

The venue looked pleasing with the Christmas lights hanging on the ceiling of the enclosed area of their rooftop, which housed bean bags and tables for those who wanted to chill. Grills were set-up outside, where my dad was cooking the food. My aunt, on the other hand, was entertaining her guests at one of the long tables along with her husband, who was passing a bottle of wine around.

My dad was the younger sibling, which made all my cousins older than me. They all had stable jobs, and my eldest cousin already had three children, which we all adored. For the time being, I was tasked to take care of her twins, who were smart toddlers, with my other cousin, who's my eldest cousin's youngest brother.

"You can tell which patties were cooked by my brother and by your dad. I got an overcooked cheeseburger," my cousin said, then I laughed. The twins were chilling next to us, playfully having an argument on which game - Minecraft or Fortnite - was better.

"I don't mean to judge, but my mom excused herself to go to the bathroom a while ago, so, I'm not sure if that's because of the burgers your brother cooked," I said, then we both laughed. To my surprise, my mom came up to me, then she took my hand.

"Your dad and I have a little surprise for you," my mom said, then I excused myself before leaving the place. My dad also joined us, then he took out a blindfold for me to wear.

"Don't worry, we'll lead you along the way," my dad said, then I wore the blindfold. My parents helped me walk down the stairs, and after leading me all the way, I realized that we were standing outside.

"Okay, remove the blindfold," my mom said, then I did what I was told. My eyes immediately widened in surprise at the beautiful vintage Mustang in front of me, then I looked at my parents.

"Are you serious? I don't even have my license yet," I said, then my parents smiled at me.

"Oh, the car isn't our surprise," my dad said, then I grew confused. I looked at the car again as the door opened, then someone climbed out of the car.

"It's my surprise," Brad said, then my heart exploded in a wholesome way. I ran toward Brad and attacked him with a hug, then he hugged me back and lifted me up from my feet to spin me around.

"Where did you manage to find one?" I asked once he had put me down, then Brad shrugged his shoulders.

"Looked at every single rental place I could find. It was hard, but I got there," Brad said, then I turned to my parents.

"I appreciate the surprise, but, I have to help George with my nephews," I said, then my mom laughed.

"I'll take care of them for you. In fact, don't worry about any of us; just go with Brad," my mom said, then I looked at Brad so he could explain what was happening.

"I called your parents and asked them if you and I can do something special before you leave for New York, and they agreed to this," Brad said, then my parents approached us.

"You guys are the best," I told my parents, who held each other close.

"Okay, Brad. Take her home before 2 AM, okay? Don't do anything that will make you two in trouble," my dad told Brad, who smiled.

"Yes, sir," Brad said with a salute, then my mom wished us a good night before going back inside the house.

"Get in," Brad winked, then I ran to the passenger's side and opened the door. My knees went weak at the sight of its interior, which looked really well-kept and beautiful.