Chapter Four

Alistair froze in front of me, I think it's safe to say that he knows who was talking to me. I don't know what scared me more.

"Why don't you and your little hero turn around and face me? Oh, wait, I forgot, you're both weak and pathetic." he egged us on.

Alistair took the bait, "Says the one in the hospital bed."

I snickered at the comeback, he wasn't wrong.

"Hey, what are you laughing about? You probably have to spend a month in the room after they fix your arm. I think I snapped it pretty well." the blond-haired guy sneered.

My breathing started to get heavy, but I reminded myself he couldn't hurt me. That was the first time I took in his appearance. His nose appeared to be broken and his left eye was almost swollen shut. I guess Alistair didn't let him off easy, and from the looks of him, he wanted to do it again.

"Actually," I stated my confidence growing, "I'm not going to be punished at all. As for my arm, that should be the least of your problems judging on how your face looks."

Alistair still looked as if he wanted to kill the guy, but chuckled a bit at my comment. I knew I had to get him out of here before he did something he would regret.

"Say whatever you want Evie," he smirked at my look of shock, "But don't worry when your little knight isn't around to save you I will know, and you won't be able to stop me, he chuckled darkly, "It is hard to watch your back when two people are coming for you after all, isn't it."

I gasped wondering how he even knew my name. Alistair, on the other hand, made a reach for his throat.

"Don't Alistair. He is doing this on purpose, and I need to get my arm checked out. Please come with me before you do something you regret." I said grabbing his bicep.

I could see the hesitation in his eyes as he backed away from the guy's bed. I noticed a name tag. Bobby. At least now I know something about him.

As I lead Alistair away from Bobby's bed he called out, "That's what I thought. Coward. Just ask Cade."

It was as if something went off inside of Alistair, ripped out of my grasp and stormed over to Bobby's bed.

"Don't you ever say his name, " he shouted.

Alistair then bent down to Bobby's ear and whispered something that made Bobby go ghost white. He then stood up and grabbed my arm. I winced as he grabbed the hurt one. His eyes widened as he grabbed the other one and lead me to the bed where the nurse was waiting. She didn't look happy.

"Let's go," she snapped, "I don't have forever."

I sat down on the bed as the nurse pulled up my sleeves. She felt my right arm around and asked me where it hurt. Alistair was still silent next to me. I was worried about him. Was he okay?

I was pulled out of my trace when the nurse spoke, "I do not think you have a fracture, but I will need to do an X-ray to be sure. As for the concussion, the doctor will be in to do the protocol and the X-ray."

I nodded aimlessly, not fully hearing what she said. I was happy that she didn't think my arm was broken though. That would surely affect my performance in the physical ability test. I couldn't help but wonder what Alistair had said to Bobby though.

As soon as the nurse was gone I blurted it out, "What did you say to him?"

Alistair gave me a conflicted look. I could tell that he wanted to tell me the truth, but something was keeping him from doing it.

"Nothing," he lamely replied.

I decided it was probably best not to push him. He would tell me if he wanted to. That's one rule that The Town had right, not everything is your business.