Chapter Eleven

I opened my eyes, a dull pain behind them. I was in the middle of a circle of people with Cade. What the hell just happened?

I looked around and it seemed nobody noticed my little space out. They were all chattering and quite honestly it was hurting my head. I could help but think there was something I needed to remember something important.

I tapped Cade on the shoulder, "Can we go somewhere-uh- quieter?"

Cade nodded and we walked over to a large weeping willow tree far away from the crowd.

"What's going on Eve? I know the meetings here can be a bit crazy." Cade said

"It's not that," I sighed

Something popped into my head. It was before I blanked out. I was sure they saw me fall. Why were they all pretending as if nothing happened?

"What is it shortie?" Cad pushed.

"Didn't you all see me fall? Didn't you guys see me blackout?"

"What do you mean shortie? You were standing there normally the whole time. Sure you stumbled a bit, but once we were sure you didn't fall everything went back to normal. I was rather sure you were even making suggestions on what we were going to do. Are you feeling okay?"

"Honestly, no," I answered, "Something is going on here and it's not just The Town."

Cade narrowed his eyes, "Are you suggesting that we have something to do with what's happening to you? That's really low even for you shortie. All we've done is try to help you! You know just because most of us grew up without dads and moms doesn't mean that we are awful people."

Listening to Cade's little rant I realized two things. The first one being I was kinda being annoying and the second one being that I could remember something faintly from the blackout about my mom.

It was her, but different. She looked the same but softer. She looked kinder, but also sad. I think she was sad because of me. But why? I'm fine. Or am I?

"Cade, that's not what I meant and I am super sorry, but I really need to see my mom right now. I think she might be able to help me with something and I only have so much time before I have to be back in The Town."

I looked at Cade hopefully and he sighed, "I'm sorry too, shortie. There's just so much happening. I'll keep the discussion going. Go see your mom and make sure you fill me in on what you find out. Deal?"

"Deal! Thank you, Cade."

Before I could even comprehend what I had done, I had pecked Cade on the lips. I pulled back with wide eyes. Cade adored a large smirk.

"I think I like when you're thanking me shortie. Maybe I should good things more often."

Before I could do anything else to embarrass myself I whipped around.

"Bye Cade!" I shouted, taking off to my mother.

Millions of thoughts consumed my mind. What was I going to say to her? What did I even need to ask? Why couldn't I remember what happened when I blacked out?

I groaned and slowed down a bit. I wanted to save my energy to get through the hole in the wall anyway. At this point, I didn't care if the guards saw me, but the hole was just hard to get through.

I kicked a nearby rock and sighed. Everything just felt like too much. I just felt so hopeless and out of control.

When I finally got to the hole everything was oddly quiet. Near the wall, there was usually a lot of noise. People talking, the guards marching and carrying noise from The Town. I looked up and wasn't able to see any guards in the tower.