Chapter Nine

Alistair sat on the end of my bed as I took a deep breath. This was going to be a hell of a conversation.

"Okay, I'm going to start off with the easy stuff first. Well, I guess this isn't easy, but for us, it is," Alistair said scratching the back of his neck, "The doctors aren't sure what happened with you, but they think it has something to do with blood-loss. I don't know. I think they said something about-"

He kept talking but my mind started to get foggy. I felt something prick into my shoulder. My sight started getting fuzzy and it was like I could see bits of a different room. I closed my eyes and I could feel myself fall back into the bed.

When I opened my eyes I wasn't with Al anymore. I was in a different hospital. There was a screaming I could hear. It was insistent and loud.

That's what I thought before I realized it was me. I immediately shut my mouth and tried to get up. I was chained to the bed. What the heck! I started freaking out and flailing. Where was I? This wasn't The Town.

A women dressed in odd blue clothing entered the room. Her dark skin and hair complemented each other. But she was in the wrong colors. She looked about twenty, but she wore the colors of an eight-year-old.

"Will, you unchain me? I can't be outside the borders! Also, you are going to get in trouble for wearing the wrong colors. You know the colors for your age are green."

She gave me an odd look. Did I stutter? The women put something into the IV I was attached to. I started to feel tired and she smoothed back my tangled hair.

"Poor thing," she said, "We'll get you better soon honey. When you're on the right medicine you'll feel much better."

I heard her sigh she then motioned to some people outside, "You can come in now."

There was a man, woman, and two boys. They wore super weird clothes. Did they not know they would get in trouble? The older man and woman looked super worried. About what though? Did I do something? Oh my God! Did I break a rule? The two boys didn't look happy to be together, I'm not sure why.

Asides from their clothing they looked oddly familiar to people I knew. I felt so weird. I really felt like I needed to sleep.

The four people came closer to my bed.

The short woman had tears flowing down her face as she spoke, "My poor baby. You're gonna be okay. We're gonna get you out of here. I didn't know that they were this bad. Nobody knew they could get this bad. Please come back to me, baby. I need my little girl back. I can't live without you-" she was cut off as she started to sob.

The man held her as he began to speak, "Pumpkin, please come back to us. I need my kiddo back. Who's gonna listen to my jokes? Your old man can't go on without you, baby."

Sobbing together the man and woman walked out of the room. Why did I mean so much to them? I didn't even know them. Unless... Unless I did.

Where those two people my parents? What the fuck was going on? Maybe this was just a dream? Yeah, that seemed right.

The boy that looked like Cade stepped up to my bed.

"Shortie, I'm not gonna get emotional, but I miss you. You can pull though I know it. You always do shortie."

I felt a kiss on my forehead, then footsteps walking away.

An Alistair look alike stepped up to my bed.

"Eve, I can't do this alone. Please! How am I supposed to deal with Cade without you? How am I supposed to make fun of the president without you? How can I make fun of other people by myself? I need my best friend back."