last chance

After Jack was arrested I got a phone call from Jerry. Jack had told him that I was pregnant. The purpose of his call he said was to see how I was doing.
" With you being so young are you sure y'all are ready for this?" He asked

"Well considering we can't turn back time ready or not it's coming." I answered him trying to control the direction of the conversation. I had respect for Jerry but I won't think twice about giving him a piece of my mind.

" There are options." He said and there it was I knew that's what they want but to bad.

" No, there was options months ago before I was pregnant. I don't believe in that." I said firmly.

" Your sixteen Jayla how do you know what you believe and don't believe in." He replied. Oh hell no he should have just stopped.

" Look I may be young but I know I don't believe in killing a baby. Your son may not be ready to be a dad but he made a decision and decisions have consequences. I wasn't ready to be a pregnant teen but what I wanted or didn't want didn't matter to him. This baby is coming like it or not and he is the father." I stated

" Are you sure?" He said and I laughed.

" Boy, surprises run in the family for y'all huh. Look you can try to think whatever you want about me. There's no getting out of this for him. He is most definitely the father and the only possibility. So get ready grandpa. Believe me I wish there had been someone else. Maybe someone who had a dad to show him how to be a man. But then that's something you would have to know first. Goodbye Jerry." After my rant before he could say anything else I hung up.

It was now September I was now four months pregnant and looked like I had a basketball under my shirt. I had accepted the fact that I was going to be a mother and funny enough had found peace with it. I had just found out I was having a boy. I would rub my rounded belly and tell him how much mommy already loved him. Promise him I was going to be a better mom than the one I born to. And I meant every word.

Jess was a month pregnant and you really couldn't tell. Lucky her. I was already miserable half the time. I was so small the baby doesn't have alot of room and I had been feeling movements for a couple weeks.

I was going home with (b) Dad tonight. Jack was getting out today and wanted to see me. I had spoke to him on the phone a time or two he swears he hadn't said anything about not wanting the baby to his dad. I guess we will see how it goes but I wasn't going to be at home alone when I first saw him again.

When Jess found out she was pregnant Tim ( the baby's father) moved up to Rutledge. She now lives with him. Jena has a beautiful fat baby girl with curly red hair. She is just too much. I love her already. She is JayJays baby. Jena is moving to West Virginia to the army base with her husband. I'm gonna miss them so much.
Angela is not even a month old but when I talk to her she smiles so big. It's going to be hard to say goodbye.

It was starting to get dark Jack had just got dropped off. He stopped and looked at me. Specifically the ball where my flat belly used to be.

"Wow there's really a baby there huh?" He said. His eyes wide from shock.

" Um... Yeah" I said sarcastically

" Is your dad letting me stay" he asked changing the subject.

" Ya. But you have to sleep in the room with my brothers." I replied

"Why? Can't I just sleep with you" he asked

" No" I said laughing

" What's so funny? It's not like you can get pregnant." He said pointing at my belly.