with a side of drama

Three years had past and we were still as happy as the day we got together. I kept waiting for him to change. For that monster that was man to come forth and show his self but it didn't. After all the struggles and hardship I had finally found a life of peace and happiness.

  The house beside my dad was rent to own and we decided to take it. It was perfect. I would get up in the morning and walk up the path through the woods that separated my house from my dads. We would drink coffee together and then I would go home to take care of the house before the kids got home from school. I was living my dream life.

Then Richards work days got longer and he took fewer days off. It seemed like we hardly ever seen him anymore. Something was wrong and I knew it. When he got home I told him we needed to talk.

The more I talked the madder he got.

" Your coming home late leaving early but your not bringing money home. So where is it going? I asked

" I can't please you. I'm doing my best but my best just isn't enough for you." He replied

" Not when it doesn't make sense.  Tired of not having you. " I stated.

We would have this argument several times over the next six months. We were like strangers even when we were together.

We ended up losing the house and moving to one back in town. I was positive now we had a problem but I didn't know what it was. We had gotten to a point in our lives he had to tell me what was going on.

You know sometimes we make threats to try to control our lives.y favorite was always if you ever drink or do drugs I'm gone.

When you take this approach it may stop someone from doing something you may not like. It also may cause them to lie to you if they ever do. The fact is people are just human. We make mistakes. It could be your kids or spouse if they think the consequence of a choice is unbearable they will lie to you or worse they won't come to you when they need help.

Now understand there is a difference in making a mistake and wanting to fix it. And choosing to do something wrong over and over again.

Richard and I sat down at the table and discussed what had changed. It seemed he had gained an addiction and needed help. Help that he was afraid to ask for out of fear of me walking out. When he came clean I didn't have a want to leave him. I wanted to help. After we discussed ways of getting the help he needed my phone buzzes there is a pic of Richard standing next to another woman fairly close. I felt the anger rush through my body.

I felt sick my heart felt like it was going to beat a hole in my chest. I ran to the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach. I didn't even know how to react. I came out of the bathroom and asked him who she was.

He said she was just a supplier of his addiction. I wanted to believe him so bad
My heart and mind were battling it out. My heart loved this man to no end. I wanted to help him I wanted the man that I had been with all those happy years.

" I swear nothing ever happened between us Jayla. It has been only you since you." He pleaded

" I need time to think Richard" I said

"Richard? Richard? When the hell did I become Richard? I haven't been Richard in five damn years and now I'm Richard?" He ranted I was literally holding my breath to keep from laughing. No the situation wasn't funny in the least but his rant I found hilarious.

I didn't call him Richard unless I was talking to someone else he had always been baby. It was something that meant alot to him. At that moment baby just didn't fit. I was furious.