1. Training

It's been about 3 years since you have joined the New York institute and left behind your home, London. In the past year your life has become a rollercoaster and you weren't sure how to handle it. However as strong of a personality you have had, you just went ahead boldly.

Sometimes you second guessed things, but mostly you just did things before even considering the consequences. You were a hotheaded and quick tempered person. Always on fire and ready to fight. It caused you quite a great amount of problems and you did get in trouble frequently. But you didn't mind. Even though your friends, family and the head of the institute kept nagging you about being more responsible, you were just a free spirit and they loved you for it. Except those who didn't.

It was around 7pm on a Friday evening, but you didn't realise the time. You have spent the last hour or so in the gym. You were tired, but fresh. Whenever you spent your time exercising - whether training with your parabatai, your team or going for a run - you always felt that refreshing tiredness that made you keep going.

You were running on the treadmill as it was an unusually rainy and dark day and you weren't in the mood to get wet for a run. You were sweating from the heat your body was creating, your cloths wrinkled up as you kept moving and your breathing has become uneven. You changed the settings on the machine for a higher and tougher level and started running faster. You pushed your limits, but always set a goal. You had to reach something to feel the achievement, the win. You were listening to your playlist specifically created for your training sessions. It contained songs from every kind of genre from various artists such as

Tungevaag & Raaban - Bad Boy

Jonas Brothers - Sucker

Ash Island - Paranoid

Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood

Imagine Dragons - Believer

Changmo - One More Rollie

Icon For Hire - Make A Move

One Republic - Rescue Me

Paramore - Misery Business

but currently you were listening to Billie Eilish - Bad Guy.

You loved that song. It made you feel like you owned the world. You sped up on the treadmill as if you were running for your life. Your set milage was already behind you, but you kept pushing yourself to your limit. You felt your chest burning, but you didn't stop. You knew, you felt, that you could keep going and so you continued. There was only one thing on your mind. If there was a situation in which you had to run, noone would give a damn about your chest pain or your burning throat or your heavy breathing. They would only care about catching you and killing you in the best case scenario, or torturing you for all the information they needed.

You heard a cough coming from the door, but you didn't just stop abruptly

You heard a cough coming from the door, but you didn't just stop abruptly. You started slowing down the machine and from your sprinting you slowly changed to running, which turned into jogging. When you were in the walking stage and felt your balance has been strong enough, you decided to look towards the noise you have heard earlier. Your eyes met a very impatient look and you couldn't hold back your chuckle. Your parabatai was standing at the door tapping the front of her high heel restlessly, trying to make you understand that she doesn't have much time for whatever you were doing and she needed your attention. You chuckled at her irritated behaviour once again. You found it funny when she was worked up about something. Of course, only in cases which weren't serious.

"Can I help you, Izzy?" You asked while walking over to the bench across the room to get a sip of your water before continuing your training.

"That should be my line." She frowned and you raised an eyebrow, unable to understand the meaning behind her words. "Should I help you getting ready?" Impatience clearly showing in her voice. You were confused and you started understanding less - if that was even possible - from what was happening. "It's 7.15pm already, Y/N. 7.15pm!" She growled angrily, but you felt like a goldfish. You knew nothing about what she meant.

"Would you mind helping out? I'm kind of blanking here." You snickered at your own stupidity, but your parabatai didn't find it funny. Izzy seemed to be on the edge and you started feeling uneasy. Was it maybe something important, you thought. But you couldn't recall any conversation nor any situation where you have agreed to do something or go somewhere.

"Unbelievable!" She sighed as if she was about to give up throwing her hand in the air dramatically. But she wasn't. It was just the beginning. 

"You have promised to come to the Pandemonium with me tonight. I told you about it yesterday." She explained angrily while walking up and down, her heels following her steps loudly. You tried to remember back to the situation, but it just didn't seem to register yet. Izzy kept nagging you about how you could have forgotten, but you just closed her out completely. You remembered talking to Izzy the night before and you even remembered her mentioning a private party which has been organised by Magnus. You two were sitting outside on the terrace of your room. You even remembered it was full moon and that there were barely any stars up on the sky. However... you just couldn't recall saying you would be joining her. And that was when something clicked in you.

 And that was when something clicked in you

"Now wait a second." You interrupted her angry grunting and growling, and walked closer to her. "In what part did I exactly say to you that I will be going to the party?" You saw her face change from getting all worked up about the party to an unsure expression. You could read Izzy better than anyone and you just knew when something was not right. It wasn't the feeling like when you were making a wild guess, but it wasn't exactly like you were completely aware of what your parabatai was thinking either. Knowing your partner was more like a gut feeling that was more than often correct. It was hard to understand, but for some reason you just always knew how Izzy would feel, react, think or turn things around the way she wanted them.

"I might have misunderstood a little." She said looking up at the ceiling, very obviously trying to hide how awkward she felt for not being right.

"A little?" You teased and she looked at you with a bored expression.

"Are we really going to discuss the depth of my misunderstanding or are we ready to roll?" She didn't waste time and threw some cloths at you without even giving you time to think. You caught them as if they were easy to break and looked at her with a surprised expression. "Go take a shower and put those on. They will fit, I went through your wardrobe." She nodded proudly and sat down on the bench waiting for you to get ready.