35. Confession - Final

"Don't go." He whispered with so much sincerity in his words, you wanted to melt in his arms. You didn't know what to think, what to feel. Did he change his mind? You had thousands of thoughts running around in your head, none of which you considered to be any close to reality. You didn't even know what to say to him. But you didn't have to. He placed his hand on your face and gently stroked your cheekbone with his thumb, slowly pulling it down to your partially open lips. Your skin burned wherever he touched you.

His eyes were fixed on your lips, not even leaving them for a second unattended under his soft strokes. Your heart wanted to jump out of its place, but you held onto it stronger. You knew, even if Alec wanted to deny the obvious chemistry between you, he would have failed. But he didn't plan on doing so. He pulled you even closer, placing a hand on your lower back, while running his hand along your neck, before pulling you closer and attaching his lips to yours.

Your lower belly flipped at the electricity connecting you to him and without hesitation you returned his kiss, massaging his lips with yours. He pulled back for a second breathing heavily.

"I'm so sorry for pushing you away." You heard him, but you couldn't concentrate. You have been waiting for this moment forever, you didn't need words. At least not for now.

"Uh-hu." You replied incoherently, stroking you finger across his lips. He sighed into your touch.

"Are you even listening?" He asked chuckling at your reaction.

"Sure." You breathed. Your hungry eyes took him under your spell and without hesitation you attacked his lips forcefully, grinding on his lap, moaning into his mouth. He growled at your move, grabbing your thighs hard, to keep you in place.

"Slow down there

"Slow down there." He breathed, hinting slow kisses on your neck, causing you to moan in pleasure as he found your sweet spot. You pulled him away from your neck, chuckling.

"You tell me to slow down, but you keep teasing me." You grinned happily.

"Yeah. You are right." He breathed trying to clear his head with a soft smile across his handsome face. "I'm sorry for pushing you away." He started once again, hoping to talk to you with a clearer mind.

"If this is how you apologise, than it's all forgiven." You giggled as he pulled you closer for a quick peck and leaned his forehead against yours.

"I want to apologise to you like this every single day when I woke up, when I go to bed, when you have a bad day, when you have an exciting day, when you are sick, when you are exploding from health. I want you every single day." He confessed and you could only gape at him like a fish out of water. He chuckled at your expression, cupping your face and hinting tiny kisses on your open lips.

"Are you sure?" You asked being scared of his words. You wanted to believe it, but you couldn't handle anymore rejection. It was painful enough before.

"I couldn't be more sure." He nibbled on your lower lip, forcing your eyes to flutter shut and kiss him back moaning. "I love you." He breathed into your kiss, causing you to moan as your stomach decided to flip around harder.

"I love you too

"I love you too." You whispered into his mouth, locking your arms behind his neck. "You know, you made me wait for quite a while." You smirked as he hid his face in the crook of your neck.

"Don't mention it." He mumbled against your skin with a guilty groan.

"What changed though?" As much as you wanted to get lost in the moment, you were always way too curious. He pulled back from your neck and looked into your eyes with such a loving expression, you wanted to explode from happiness.

"Your disappearance." He whispered, playing with the hem of your shirt. "I thought if I push you away, I can concentrate on the job, on the missions. But when I woke up and saw Izzy, Jace and Clary getting ready to go out and you were not there, it all downed on me. You were not there. Izzy was screaming on the floor helplessly, feeling you give up. I couldn't even think straight. The only thing in my mind was to hold you in my arms and I felt like it was a farfetched wish which I was too late to get." He pulled you closer with a deep sigh, burying his head in your neck again. "I thought you were gone. I thought I screwed up everything and in that moment I didn't even care about anything, but you." His voice kept breaking and you didn't even know how to comfort him. You pulled him closer into a hug and hinted a soft kiss on top of his head. "When I saw you hanging off the chains, no colour to your skin, bruises and blood all over your body, I saw red. I didn't kill the vampire, Y/N. I slaughtered him like the animal he was. I completely lost it." He shook his head in your neck at the thought of his cruelty. "When we brought you back, I thought you were lifeless. You barely head blood in you, let alone heartbeat to pump what's left of it. I was there every single day, waiting for you to wake up. It was like torture. I was so afraid of not being able to tell you how I felt, while I was going mad at the thought of losing you." You pulled his head out of your neck and looked into his eyes as lovingly as you could possibly manage.

"But I am here and I am completely fine." You smiled, pecking his lip and stroking his cheeks gently.

"And I feel like the luckiest person to get a second chance with you." He smiled. "But if you ever dare to disobey my orders..." He started, but you cut him off.

"A note on that subject. Why didn't you tell me what the vampire has told you?" You asked.

"Don't remind me of that." He sighed shaking his head with a frown. "I knew how stubborn you could get. I thought this was a better option. Believe me, I regret every decision I have made recently." You pulled his lips to yours, but you didn't kiss him just yet.

"Let's say the last 2 years?" You chuckled and he joined you. He knew exactly what you meant. It's been about 2 years since you have been onto him and he kept pushing you away.

"I can't argue with that logic." He pulled you into a kiss and you returned it with the most content feeling you have ever experienced.

It took you two years to get him, two years to fight for him, two years which at some point felt like a waste of time, thinking your feelings would never be returned. But here you were, in the arms of the most perfect person, captured in his loving gaze. You couldn't have wished for anything better than the feeling of being loved by the person who stole your heart. 

The end

I would like to thank everyone who read my story.

Thank you for the support, the reads, the votes, the comments and the interest over all.

Thank you again,

Heloise Daphne Brightmore