9. Preparations

The next morning you woke up to an unrecognisable loud noise coming from closer than it should have. At first you weren't sure where it was coming from as you were still too out of it to recognise the sounds. But soon enough you realised someone was banging loudly and dangerously powerfully on your wooden door. You wanted to just shout to the person to come in, but you knew you weren't dressed for company. You lazily got out of your bed while still listening to the pounding on the door. You took off your red silk bathrobe from the clothing rail and opened the door.

"Finally, I thought you would never open it." She complained and pushed past you to get into your room without an invitation. Not like she needed one. You were surprised she even knocked on the door. Although it was far from a knocking.

"Morning to you too, Iz." You waved at her leather jacket covered back as she sat down on your bed.

"Yeah yeah." She replied briefly waving you off.

"How may I help you?" You asked in fake politeness, but Izzy didn't seem to mind. She knew you more than to get offended or misunderstand however you decided to address someone.

"Get ready by 7pm." She stated without any further explanation. As she was about to get up, you walked up to her and pushed her back on the bed. She sat back looking up at you with a confused expression. Probably the same one that sat across yours.

"Care to explain?" You asked waiting for her to start talking while still standing in front of her firmly.

"You promised to go on a date." She said shrugging her shoulders. "I thought it would be obvious that I am waisting no time in finding you a perfect match." You wanted to deny that you even agreed to her stupid idea, but to be honest you wanted some attention and you felt like being selfish. But there was one silly thought in the back of your mind that you couldn't just get rid of.

"But don't you think it will affect my relationship with your brother badly?" You asked trying to get some reassurance. You weren't sure if what you were about to do was the right decision.

"Honestly? It can only go two ways. Whether he will not take your feelings into consideration even as much as he did before, which was none, so you are back to where you are now or he will realise that he is having feelings for you. A bit of jealousy might make him understand that he is losing out on someone who could be the perfect match for him." You didn't want to admit it, but Izzy was right. You couldn't have ended up in a worse situation anyway. It's not like Alec cared for your feelings so far. You were just friends and you will continue to be friends either way.

"Fine." You gave in and Izzy jumped up, throwing her arms around your neck and hugging you. "But do you maybe have a photo of who I am going out with? As far as I'm concerned, he could be a serial killer." Izzy chuckled at your silly thoughts and shook her head.

"It will stay as a mystery." She replied with a grin spreading across her face.

"Come on, now

"Come on, now." You pleaded. "You can't do this to me."

"But I can and I will. Just trust me on this one. I know the type of guys you like and need." She smirked and waltzed out of your room happily. You sighed at the sight of her happiness. You weren't as enthusiastic as before though.

You walked up to your wardrobe and started looking for something decent to wear. Standing in front of the bunch of cloths hanging in the furniture however made you feel so small. You didn't even realise you had so many cloths. But that wasn't even the problem. Other than your working cloths, your training outfits and some hoodies and leather jackets, you got nothing that was appropriate for a date. As you knew you were a lost cause, you walked out of your room and headed towards Izzy's room. However before you could have gotten there, you heard her voice coming from Alec's room.

"How can you be so dumb? She is going on a date tonight." Your parabatai said.

"I know, but it's none of my business." He replied without any interest showing in his voice.

"Is that all you have to say?" Izzy tried to get him to admit his feeling for you. But you knew they were nonexistent.

"Izzy, this is the last time I am asking you. Do not get involved in our life. I am aware of Y/N's feelings, but I can not return them unfortunately." He sighed in frustration.

"I will not get involved again, don't worry. But let me tell you something. Don't come to me when you realise that you have feelings for her, because I will be on her case non-stop to find someone better than you so she can finally forget about you." She hissed in anger.

"Good, you see that's a good idea." He agreed simply. You heard Izzy's growl and stepped back a bit before she almost ripped the door out of its frame. Her cheeks were red and she was clearly upset. You let out a smile as soon as she realised your presence, even though she was very much surprised to see you.

"Y/N!" She called you. Alec appeared in the background with a shocked expression.

"I just needed to steal you for a bit." You looked towards your parabatai. "I would need some help if you have got time." You explained pretending as if you have not heard any parts of their conversation.

"Erm... yeah sure. Just go back to your room and I will be there in a second." She asked and you did just like that.

"You see, now you lost her. I am sure she has heard what we were talking about so well done." She scolded her brother. You were standing in the doorway of your room eavesdropping, but quickly sat down in front of your wardrobe when you heard Izzy's high-heels getting closer.

She walked into your room and sat down next to you. You didn't say anything nor did she. You were just sitting next to each other in silence.

"I know you heard it all." She stated almost whispering.

"I did. Not all, but the last part" You admitted. "But it's okay. We already suspected it, Iz. It's cool." You smiled. But were not happy. You were hoping after your conversation with Magnus, that he could be right. You were hoping after you woke up in Alec's room, that he might have just started feeling something. You felt dumb for thinking that way.

"Every time you say it's cool, I know it actually means the opposite

"Every time you say it's cool, I know it actually means the opposite." She knew you way too well. "Do you want to talk about it?" You shook your head in response. "Fine, I guess you wanted me to help you with the cloths." You nodded it response. "Well, let's do it then." She stood up and started searching for something that wouldn't make you look like a serial killer.