11. Let Me Be

The next morning you woke up to a very loud pounding noise. You barely opened your eyes when your parabatai decided to let herself in.

 You barely opened your eyes when your parabatai decided to let herself in

"Wake up." She said not carrying about your beauty sleep. She sat down on the bottom of your bed, waiting for you impatiently. 

"Of course you can come in." You said sarcastically while trying to get out in a completely not lady like manner. Almost like rolling off your bed. "I feel like you are getting way too comfortable nowdays. If you are not damaging my door, then you simply just let yourself in." You huffed.

"Well you are my parabatai, I know you don't mind." She said playing with her nails.

"Do I not?" You chuckled. "I still need my privacy, dear." 

"Yeah, yeah. Get to the subject. How did the date go?" She smirked waiting for you to get into some juicy story. So you did.

"I have to tell you, you really do not know me." You started shaking your head. "I thought looking at your brother, you would have realised the type of guys I am interested in." She frowned in confusion. "I mean of course I don't expect the guy to look exactly the same like Alec, but come on Iz, he was nothing like my type. He was big and mushy and smelled so bad. And let's not talk about manners, very rude." You continued innocently. "He was waiting for me in a dark alley, which creeped me out. He was also late, you know? Which I didn't find acceptable." You huffed. "I expected more from you, Iz." You finished your story in a disappointed tone. 

"I just can not believe that." She said still frowning. "Jake is way more attentive." She started searching for something in the pocket of her leather jacket, which made you suspicious. 

"What are you doing." You asked as she took out her phone and started dialling.

"I am calling Jake." She said simply. "This is unacceptable. Noone treats my parabatai in such way." She spat in disappointment. You quickly jumped over to her and took her phone away, hiding it behind your back. "What are your doing?" She asked while standing up to be on the same level with you.

"It's okay Iz, just calm down." You pushed her back on the side of the bed. "I was messing with you." By the look on her face, she seemed surprised. "He didn't even show up." You chuckled at how worked up Izzy got.

"What? Give me my phone back." She tried to get behind your back unsuccessfully. "I will teach him how to treat girls." She hissed.

"Izzy, calm down." You pushed her hand away. "It's fine, I didn't really feel like dating anyway." You said. Actually you weren't sure yourself. You really liked the eldest Lightwood, but it seemed you had no chance to ever go on even one date with him. In a way you wanted to be loved and cared for, but in another way, you didn't need someone else to burden you. "Just let it go." 

"How can I let it go?" She asked in anger. "Noone can treat my family like that." 

"Yes, it is not nice and I appreciate your worry, but I really couldn't care less." You shrugged it off. She just shook her head in disbelief. 

"I'm sorry though." She kept looking down on the floor. 

"I accept your apology on one condition." You smiled gently.

"What would that be?" You could see the curiosity shining in her eyes.

"Please, don't ever try to make me go on a date." You simply said.

"But Y/N..." She started, but you cut her off.

"You know how much I like your stupid brother, right?" She nodded. "I don't think I am ready to date. Alec means a lot to me, even if that idiot can not see it. I know eventually I have to get over it, which is fine. But for now, please just le me be. I don't need an extra burden in my life right now. I just want to be alone." You explained reassuring her that you were in a good place.

"No, you want to be with him. Him only." She understood you even when you didn't say it out loud. 

"Yes, but because that is not plausible, I just want to be on my own. Can you understand that?" You asked while tilting your head, waiting for an answer.

 Can you understand that?" You asked while tilting your head, waiting for an answer

"Yes, I do. I just don't want to see you broken hearted." She sighed.

"I know, but that's life. If I have to be, I will be. If things turn out differently, then I will not be. You never know." You smiled confidently. 

"Fine, Ms. Wise." She chuckled.