26. Order

The following morning, you woke up to someone gently shaking your shoulder. You looked up and saw the nurse who took care of Alec, standing above you. You looked around and saw Clary and Jace sleeping in the weirdest position you could imagine, while Izzy's head was resting on your shoulder.

"How is he?" You asked impatiently. She gently smiled at you and you just felt your chest opening up. It felt like you have been keeping the air in for who knows how long. "Can we see him?"

"Yes, but only one by one." She advised, not to excite him too much.

You looked towards your heavy shoulder and started waking Izzy up. It took a bit longer than you expected, but she started slowly gaining consciousness.

"Izzy, go and see Alec. They are letting us in now." You explained, but you didn't even finish the sentence and your parabatai has ripped open the door already. You wanted to see Alec, you wanted to see for yourself that he was okay, but you knew that you were the last person he wanted. You just sat there on the floor waiting for Izzy to come out and for Jace and Clary to take their time.

Izzy was with Alec for about 15-30 minutes. You didn't count it or checked your watch, but it seemed about that much. When she came out, a big smile spread across her face. It made you feel at ease. As much as you wanted to see Alec, even the fact that you knew he was okay, made your feel better.

"Go see him." Izzy said while sitting down on the floor next to you, but you shook your head.

"I will wait until Jace and Clary finishes." You smiled gently. "Magnus arrived too, so when they are done, I will check on him." You explained.

"Why?" She asked in confusion. "You saved his life basically. It could have been worse."

"It's fine Izzy." You replied simply.

"No, it's not." She disagreed. "The first thing he asked me was how you were doing. He is just way too proud to say it out loud to you. And on the other hand, you are being way too generous letting everyone go before you. By the Angel, Y/N! You saved his life and you like him to bits, so get your ass in there. You have the right to see him." You chuckled at your parabatai's words. There was some truth to it, but you were scared. You didn't know what you were supposed to say to him. After all, you weren't in the best relationship.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... fine." You replied with a grin spread across your face.

"Much better." You heard her as you were walking up to the closed door. You stood there for a few seconds before having some courage to enter the room. You didn't look straight at Alec. You just turned around and closed the door behind you. You were taking your time doing it as you still weren't sure what you wanted to say.

"Hi." Alec broke the silence and you decided to take a seat next to him, not to look too awkward.

" Alec broke the silence and you decided to take a seat next to him, not to look too awkward

"Hey." You looked up at him. Even when he was injured and his face was colourless, you found him more attractive than anyone you have ever met. You mentally slapped yourself for thinking of him in such way in such situation. "How are you?"