13. Bet

After all the information you have received in regards to the vampires and the mission, you needed something to just let out your energy. You were frustrated as you have not been on missions for a couple of days and you really needed to go and kick some ass.

When you arrived to the training room, you could hear it was already occupied. You opened the door slightly to look inside and felt your face immediately heat up at the sight.

It was Jace fighting against Alec. Which wasn't an unusual sight.

However whenever you saw the eldest Lightwood half naked, sweating and trying to beat someone up while his muscles tensed and loosened on his body, you just had this ticklish feeling in the pit of your stomach

However whenever you saw the eldest Lightwood half naked, sweating and trying to beat someone up while his muscles tensed and loosened on his body, you just had this ticklish feeling in the pit of your stomach. You smiled at the sight, but then stood back. You didn't want to seem like a stalker. But then you didn't want to deprive your eyes from such a sight either.

You decided to just walk in.

You opened the door and took a seat on one of the mattresses used for exercises, while throwing your training bag on the bench next to it. You kept looking at the view and you couldn't have found a better thing to do in that moment. You felt like a stupid fangirl. But who cares.

Your eyes met Jace's and you started smirking. This made him lose his balance, resulting in Alec being able to throw him on his back. He groaned in frustration and in pain. You chuckled at the sight and clapped happily.

"Oh." Was all Alec's surprised reaction. 

"Well done." You said, getting a nod in reply. "Are you okay Jace?" You asked walking over to the injured party still laying on the ground.

"All cool." He replied while forcing himself into a standing position again. "What are you doing here?" He asked. You frowned.

"What can a person do in a training centre?" You asked. "Oh , look... train." You said in a bored tone.

"You are so smart, aren't you?" He replied in the same tone and you started nodding heavily.

"Thank you for realising." You chuckled.

"Well if you plan to train, then please start it and let us continue." Alec interrupted.

"To stop looking at this...?" You looked up and down on him. "Nah, will continue learning from the way you practice." You smirked happily.

"Aren't you bored of it?" Alec hissed. You knew he was angry, but unfortunately you didn't know any other way to get his attention. You knew you always made him mad and annoyed. But you also knew he cared about you. Only in a different way.

"Of looking at you? You need a mirror. This is the peak point of my day." You laughed loudly.

"By the Angel, Y/N. Please just stop it." He asked massaging his temple. "I am really getting tired of it." He shook his head. "At first it was annoying and I just cursed you quietly. Then at some point it became funny, I can't deny that." A tiny, barely visible smile appeared on his face, but then it disappeared as quick as it came. "But I am at a point where I am getting angry and tired of it. So please just stop this behaviour." He almost begged you, and you started to realise how childish and pushy you have become. But you couldn't just let it settle like that. You were way too determined.

"Fine, let's have a bet." You said while a confused expression spread across that handsome face of his. He frowned, but you could see the interest in his eyes, which actually made you surprised for a split second. It was unusual for him to show interest in anything other than practicing, missions or the Institute.

"I'm listening." He didn't even take his eyes off you. It was like he could see through you. At least that's how you felt.

"Let's have a bit of a competition

"Let's have a bit of a competition. We will fight with each other for 3 rounds. If you win at least 2 rounds out of three, I will stop nagging you, annoying you, bothering you. Whatever you like to call it." A small smirk appeared on his face. You knew he was way too confident, and he could already feel the win in his hands. "However, if I can win at least 2 rounds, you have to go on a date with me." His smirk disappeared immediately and his expression changed to more of an annoyed look. You still smiled, you didn't show it, but obviously it didn't feel good to see your crush having such negative feelings towards you. "What do you think?" You waited for a confirmation.

"Fine." He said and you actually were surprised. You hoped, but didn't expect him to go along with it. "When?" He asked without hesitation.

"Now." You replied. You were determined to win a date with Alec Lightwood and you wanted it now. Especially as you had a bit of a help on your hand. Since Jace and Alec were fighting before, he did lose some of his energy, which was in your favour.

Alec didn't reply though. He walked to the equipment closet and took out two wooden sticks. He threw one of them at you, while he kept the other for himself.

"Jace, you will be the Judge. If you see anything that doesn't look right, stop it." You instructed him.

"Hey, that's not fair. He is clearly on your side." Alec frowned.

"Well I guess someone will have to prepare for a date." You chuckled loudly followed by Jace.

"Let's just get it over with." Alec just sighed and let out an annoyed growl.

Alec - without hesitation - immediately went for the attack. He tried to hit your leg at first, but was unable to do so as you dodged his attempt. He went for your ribs, but once again he was unsuccessful when you redirected his hit with your stick. Next he tried to go for your back, but you turned around and as you protected yourself on all the sensitive places, he was once again ineffective. Fighting isn't about just hitting different spots and waiting for the other person to give up of the pain. Finding just one spot that could bring you down, was the whole point of the match. So far you have been defending yourself, but you decided to change that. You attacked him this time. You have missed his ribs, his thighs, his elbow, but as if a miracle happened, you realised that he was not protecting his legs. You took your wooden stick and went straight for the back of his knee. His eyes widened when he realised what you were about to do, but he was too late. You pulled his leg towards you and he landed on his back with a loud thumping sound.