31. The search

Izzy was frantically running towards Jace's room, tears falling down her face. She didn't even knock on his door, she barged in without a signal. Clary was lying on the bed reading some books, while Jace was trying to whisper seductive nothings into her ear. 

"I need you!" She sobbed

"I need you!" She sobbed. "Y/N has been kidnapped." She screamed hysterically. Both Jace and Clary jumped up from the bed with expression of terror sitting across their face. 

"What happened?" Jace asked while getting his boots on and grabbing his leather jacket. 

"I don't know. She called me, saying she needed help and I immediately got ready, but then..." She couldn't continue as her sobs stopped her. 

"Calm down, calm down." Clary hugged your parabatai gently. "Do we know where she is?" She asked, but Izzy just shook her head. 

"She was supposed to be at the Brooklyn Market, but they took her." She cried feeling useless. 

"Let's get some weapons and we will be on our way, searching. Okay?" Jace interrupted and they started running towards the weapon room. The sound of their heavy boots, however seemed to be louder than expected and it made Alec curious enough to take a look out of his infirmary room. As soon as he realised they were his team members, he immediately ran after them. 

Alec was still injured, but the Silent Brothers have fixed him up rather well, he was able to walk, run and move around freely. He was wincing in pain occasionally, but his injuries were still recent and even the Silent Brothers were unable to make him feel brand new again. 

"What is going on?" He asked looking around. His eyes stopped on her sister who was sobbing hysterically. He had a bad feeling, and when he saw that the only missing person was you, a whole mountain's heaviness fell on his chest. "Y/N." He whispered and Izzy couldn't hold it in anymore. She fell onto the floor gasping for air. Alec walked up to her and kneeled down on the floor, pulling Izzy closer to himself. He tried to comfort her, whispering encouraging words in her ears, but even he didn't believe them. 

"You don't understand." She screamed in pain. "I can feel it. I can feel how weak she is, Alec." The eldest Lightwood didn't know what to say. He wanted to believe that his sister was wrong, that it was all just a nightmare. He wanted to believe, it was some kind of an illusion or a mental training. But unfortunately it was reality at its worse. He quickly jumped up and ran to his room to change into a black trouser and black t-shirt. He took his leather jacket, his bow and arrows along with his stele. Seconds later he was already back in the weapon room, forcing his sister to get up.

"We will get her back and she will be just fine." Alec said to Izzy, trying to comfort her.

"I heard her beg them to kill her, Alec!" She cried out

"I heard her beg them to kill her, Alec!" She cried out. Alec looked at the ground in pain. He was physically hurting at the thought of you suffering. He wanted nothing, but holding you safely in his arms. But he knew it was too late for that. The only thing he could do for now was to find you in time and he was determined to do so. 

"Let's go." He said and the team followed him without a second thought. 

Alec gave a call to Magnus to help them out, while Izzy rang Raphael. As a vampire he had more intel and Izzy was begging him for support. Raphael didn't think twice, before agreeing. As Magnus arrived he created a portal for the vampire and seconds later he was stepping out of it along with Simon. 

"Thank you." Izzy whispered. 

"What's the plan?" Magnus asked, turning towards the elder Lightwood. He was automatically the leader in whatever situation arose and noone ever questioned it.

"We will try to find her with the tracking rune." He stated calmly, but inside he was filled with anger. He wanted nothing but to find you. He took out a pen with runes all over it and activated his tracking rune on his other hand. He got suspicious looks from the others. "I got it from Y/N." He replied quickly, before concentrating his attention on his vision. He saw a dark room with wet floors and damp walls. He tried to focus more on the surroundings, on a clue to show where you were hidden. He shook his head in frustration. It wasn't a hard rune to use, but it required complete and undisturbed attention to work successfully. He kept imagining your face and as if something hit him from the inside, he felt a pulling power. "I know where to go." He said looking at his team. 

Magnus created a portal to be closer to the area Alec felt the pull from and the others followed closely, leaving the directions to their leader. Soon enough they arrived to a street covered in bright lights. They didn't need to think twice to realise you were there before. The pool of blood was enough evidence. Izzy walked up to where your body was laying previously and picked up the phone you dropped. She squatted down and looked at it with a blank expression. She wasn't sad anymore. She wasn't feeling devastated. She was plain mad. She wanted nothing, but a massacre. She wanted the vampire's head on the end of her blade as a trophy.

Alec walked up to his sister and pulled her up into a standing position. His questioning look didn't need reply. He could read Izzy's face without her thoughts being said out loud. Alec started walking forward again, following his instincts, feeling that familiar pull. 

"We are close." He whispered and prepared his bow and arrow. They stopped in front of a dark metal door, which they quickly realised was closed. Jace activated his strength rune and after harshly kicking the door for a couple of times, it gave in with a loud creaking noise. 

They knew the hardest part was still ahead of them, but they were close and that gave them a comforting feeling.