29. Only option

You were walking to the weapons room to collect your necessary items. You already placed your stele and your primary weapons, your blades on a leather strap sitting across your thighs. However, as always, you needed a seraph blade too and you also decided to take a carved wooden stake, just in case. 

As soon as you collected your items and were ready to walk out, Hodge appeared next to you and stoped you. 

"Hey, Y/N." He greeted you and you returned it in the form of a nod. "We have a bit of a problem." He started.

"What would that be?" You asked curiously. 

"Unfortunately Blake had to go out with Mary on the 3pm patrol." He explained. "I was supposed to place Daniel with you, but I completely forgot he had to go out on a mission. Unfortunately you will have to go out alone tonight." He finished. You were very unhappy with the situation, but you were helpless. You couldn't have done anything, so you just replied with a silent 'It's fine' and exited the Institute. 

You weren't scared, but your conversation with the Lightwood siblings made you wary. You didn't know what to expect, but you definitely didn't want to be out there alone. And now there you were, standing in the dark, all alone. 

Remembering back at the schedule you were supposed to be at the Brooklyn Bridge, but you hated patrol there. You took out your phone and messaged Clint - who was doing your favourite part, the Centre area - if he wanted to swap. It only took a few seconds before his reply appeared on your phone's screen 'Sure'.

As you were standing outside, you realised that you were in such a lazy mood and didn't feel like walking. You decided to call one of your closest Downworlder friend for help. You dialled the number and was waiting for the ringing to stop and hear his voice. 

"Hello?" You heard his voice and a warm smile appeared on your face. 

"How is my favourite Warlock?" You asked trying to get into his good books. 

"I am guessing there will be a favour along the lines." He chuckled at your horrible attempt to act cute.

"Aren't you just the smartest of them all?" You praised him and you could hear his whole-hearted laughter on the other side of the line. 

"You are way too transparent." He replied.

"Oh well, that's my charm." You smirked even though you knew he couldn't see it. 

"Where do you need to go?" He asked.

"Central Brooklyn if you could be so kind...?" You asked. Before you could have even said please, you saw the portal appearing next to the park entrance, on the side of the Institute. "Aren't you just the best Warlock ever?" You asked teasing.

"Yeah yeah, even without flattery I would have done it." He chuckled. 

"I know, you love me to bits." You replied confidently. 

"Love your shyness too." He replied with a sarcastic remark, but you just laughed it off. Soon enough you said your byes and hang up the phone. You decided the best way, is to just get the patrol over with. Eight hours of looking around and paying attention to demonic activity was no fun!

You stepped in to the portal to end up at your destination seconds later. The portal has quickly closed behind you as you arrived. You started walking around the area, looking through the small streets, dark alleys. You didn't seem to see anything out of the ordinary. 

As you were walking along the shops' windows, you heard a faint sound coming out of a dead-end street. You stopped at the front, but it was too dark for your eyes to see. You took out your stele and activated your vision rune. However it didn't seem to help. You could see everything clearly, but you didn't see anything unusual. 

Your hands slipped down to your thighs and pulled out your daggers before deciding to take a closer look. You looked behind the bins, the closed down alleys which were on the side of the street and you even jumped up on the fire escape to take a better look at the area. But you still couldn't find anything. As a lack of evidence, you had to admit to yourself, that your mind was playing games. You jumped down the fire escape and were ready to leave. But to your surprise, you were unable to do so.

When you turned around an unwelcomed, familiar face appeared in front of you. 

"I told you, I would see you again

"I told you, I would see you again." He whispered, standing only a couple of inches away from you. You didn't understand how you could have missed his arrival. "I missed you, my dear Y/N." He caressed your left cheek gently.  However you couldn't concentrate on that. You wanted out as soon as you could. He meant bad news. You pushed your dragger towards his direction, but he quickly jumped on the side. Using his distraction as an opportunity, you started running towards the main street. But luck wasn't on your side. He grabbed your arm and pulled you back, pushing you to the wall of the building. He held up your hands above your head, stopping you from hurting him. "Now why would you make it more difficult." He chuckled lightly. You tried to kick his thighs, but he avoided it while still holding on to your arm. 

"I will kill you." You hissed in anger, but he didn't seem fazed. He stepped closer and hid his face in your neck, taking a deep breath.

"You could do anything you wanted to me." He licked the vein pumping against your skin aggressively. "I would even become your slave if needed. You make me lose my mind." He sighed, while kissing along your neck. You wanted to puke. You felt disgusted by his touch. However it gave a you a leverage. If he was really weak against you, you knew it would help you if you played along. So you did. As he hinted light kisses along your neck and jaw line, you forced out a moan. "Oh that voice. What are you doing to me?" He asked as he let go of your hands and placed one of his on your waist, closing the barely visible gap between you, while the other one pulled your hair back gently to get better access to your neck. You let out another moan, making him think that you were enjoying his company. His lips wandered up to yours, playing with them passionately. You wanted to bite his tongue as it started dancing with yours, but you were not ready to attack yet. You pushed him to the wall and started kissing him this time. You wanted to to just throw up then and there, but you knew it was not the right time and this was your only option. 

"Please." You moaned into the kiss. He pulled your waist closer to him as you started kissing down his jaw line. 

"Every part of my body wants you." He groaned in pleasure. You could see his eyes closing as you were teasing his skin seductively. While you kept hinting kisses along his neck, you started pulling out your wooden stake, from the leather strap on your thighs.