19. Happy day

You woke up refreshed and happy. You didn't feel the alcohol from the night before, you didn't feel tired from dancing all night and fighting with vampires. You didn't feel anything but happiness and joy. 

You jumped out of bed, took a shower, washed your hair, brushed your teeth, dried your hair. Just the usual morning routine. But this time, it was all with a huge smile spreading across your face as you were thinking about Alec. 

You walked out of your room and decided to go to Izzy. You weren't sure if you wanted to tell her as you have not met Alec yet, but you knew that you needed your parabatai next to you. 

"Wake up sleeping beauty." You rushed in and opened the curtains. 

"What the hell, Y/N?" She asked pulling the duvet over her head. 

"We have a beautiful day. Get your ass out of your bed." You told her and pulled the cover off her body. She groaned loudly, but you just couldn't care less. "We have a meeting in 30 minutes. I recommend you getting ready." You chirped. 

"Why are you so happy, instead of feeling shit like me?" She questioned while crawling out of her bed. 

"Why waste time on feeling bad, when life is full of happiness?" You replied, getting a medicine out of Izzy's bag and placing it next to her water. Thinking about Alec putting the glass on Izzy's nightstand to help her the next morning, made you chuckle. 

"You disgust me." She groaned while walking into the bathroom. 

It took her about 20 minutes to get ready, but finally she ended up looking like a person again. You always thought she was beautiful, but when she was hangover, there was more of a hidden beauty to her. 

When you arrived to the hall surrounded by screens and computers of the newest technology, you immediately spotted Alec at one of the tables with Jace and Clary on his right side. You and Izzy walked towards them and before you arrived, Alec looked up at you. A huge grin appeared on your face looking at him and even though he tried to hide it, you could just see the corner of his lips moving upwards. 

"What is going on?" Izzy whispered suspiciously

"Nothing." You replied and took your place next to Alec. You weren't sure if he wanted to keep it a secret or not, but you decided it would be better until you could discuss it. 

"Aha..." Your parabatai said not believing you. 

Alec was explaining about your mission which was in exactly 5 hours. You weren't spread into teams as it was discussed originally, since the previous teams had the same tactics and they have failed. Alec has tried to avoid every scenario which happened to the previous Shadowhunters to protect every one of you. 

"We have to avoid close contact. Make sure, they don't get too close to you. Some of the previous teams have gotten life-threatening injuries, by being crushed, and drained of their blood. Is that clear?" Alec waited for a reply.

"Yes, Y/N. Is that clear?" Your parabatai turned to you, but you didn't understand her reference. 

"Excuse me?" You asked back. 

"Erm.. let me remind you of your little encounter with that vampire, yesterday." Izzy decided to bring that situation up in the worst time, you thought. 

"Nothing happened." You tried to ease the tension.

"What are you talking about?" Alec joined the conversation and you were cursing his sister. 

"Y/N was attacked yesterday when she went out to have some fresh air." Izzy explained. "And it was only luck that she was not crushed to death as the vampire was all over her body." Izzy continued. 

"What?" Alec asked in surprise. 

"Now wait a second." You interrupted. "That is not exactly how it went down. I could have gotten out of it." You explained, but Izzy just rolled her eyes. "Nothing happened. I am all fine, no injuries. We went back to party after that." You explained, but Alec was still looking at you suspiciously. After a couple of minutes however he decided to focus on the mission and continued his monologue. The meeting wasn't longer than 30 minutes, but you didn't mind. You didn't want to talk about such lethargic things in that moment. 

As the meeting finished, Alec decided to leave for his office and you decided to follow him in a safe distance, trying to look like you headed the same way. 

"You know you can walk next to me, right?" He chuckled at your weirdness.

"Yeah, but we don't want people to know. I am assuming." You replied awkwardly. 

"We are in the same team. You are my sister's parabatai. Hanging out will not make anyone suspicious." He explained. "However that huge grin on your face earlier was way too easy to read." He chuckled.

"Oh... sorry." You apologised, but in reality you didn't mind. You were indeed way too happy. "I couldn't hold back." You replied.

"I saw that." He smirked thinking back at it while entering his office. 

"So..." You started awkwardly, still standing in the door way. "I guess I will be going, I just wanted to see you." You said scratching the back of your head looking anywhere but Alec. "Bye." You turned around to leave, but he stopped you. 

"Wait, come in." He said while taking his seat. You stack your head in the door way giving him some time to change his mind. "Come on." He said again, but this time, you rushed in and closed the door before he had the chance to even think twice. "I wanted to talk to you." 

"Yeah?" You asked eagerly waiting. 

"What was that vampire story about?" He asked, but you just rolled your eyes. Izzy and her big mouth. 

"Nothing. I was just on the wrong place, in the wrong time. But luckily nothing happened." You explained quickly. 

"Are you sure you are okay?" He asked, worry clearly showing in his voice. 

"I am more than okay." You replied with a cheerful smile spreading across your face. You walked behind Alec and hugged his manly frame. He was surprised at first, but soon enough you felt his body relax. "Thank you." You said simply.

"For what?" He asked while turning around in his chair. 

"For giving me a chance." You looked down, straight into his eyes. "It means a lot to me." You nodded agreeing to your own words.