4. Advice

The party has started off about an hour or so ago and you were sitting on the same place talking to Magnus. You always had a good relationship with him and you seemed to be on the same wavelength. He always gave you advices - even useful ones occasionally - and he listened to your problems without making you feel like you were bothersome.

Magnus was like a big brother to you. Occasionally, when you were in the mood, you just popped up in his apartment without a warning, but he always welcomed you with a warm smile. You found his magical powers fascinating. You sometimes even wished to be able to do things he was capable of, but then you loved your life and wouldn't have given it up just like that. You were however enjoying Magnus's little plays as often as you could.

As you two were talking you realised that your glass never really got empty. In some magical way it kept refilling and you frowned at the man sitting next to you.

"Magnus?" You called him. "How on earth is my glass never getting empty?" You asked looking at him suspiciously. He just chuckled at your question and winked at you while a cheeky smile appeared on his face.

"Magic, my dear." He said and touched his glass with yours followed by a high pitched noise as the glasses clinked.

"I think I can stand up and get myself a drink." I reminded him, but he just chuckled lightly.

"I'm aware, however..." He leaned closer to your left ear. "My bartender seems to be very interested in you and it seems that it has been noticed by a certain male in the room who has been giving him death glares." He chuckled and took a sip of his drink. "I'm just trying to prevent the drama here." You didn't really understand the situation, but then you turned around to take a look at the bar tender. He smiled gently as soon as he realised you were watching him and you politely decided to return it. However his smile quickly disappeared making you feel confused. You followed his eyes and met two very unhappy irises across the table. Alec looked at you as if you were doing something wrong. You tilted your head in confusion, but seconds later he was talking to Jace acting as if nothing happened. "Exactly." Magnus said pulling you out of your daze.

"What the heck was that?" You asked frowning, but Magnus seemed to be enjoying the situation.

"Jealousy, my dear." He chuckled, but you just looked at him as if he was mentally unstable.

"I'm being serious, Magnus." You tried again, but he just shook his head.

"I'm not joking. I am completely honest. Alec is being maybe a tiny bit jealous." You raised your eyebrows at the thought and turned towards Alec to meet those sky blue irises once again. He turned his head away way too quickly making you even more suspicious of his behaviour. You turned back to Magnus and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"Come with me." You said and without waiting for a reply you started pulling him after you. You didn't care about his confused look or that it changed to a cheeky smile when Alec saw what you were doing. No, you just went straight ahead to a quieter place. "Talk!" You said and pushed Magnus to the wall at the end of a dark corridor.

"What do you want me to say, kitten?" He asked trying to act as if he didn't have any idea.

"You very well know what I'm talking about." A know-it-all smirk appearing on his face.

"What would you like to know exactly?" He asked as he took a sip of his drink, colouring his lips even redder.

"Why do you think he is being jealous? What made you think that?" You tried to get more information out of him. You wanted to know if finally you might have had a chance to get to him and make him realise that you were a good catch.

 You wanted to know if finally you might have had a chance to get to him and make him realise that you were a good catch

"Let's face it. People don't just look at other people as if they have imagined a thousand ways of how to torture each other. At least not in normal circumstances." He stated, but it didn't make you feel confident enough to walk up to him and tell him that you knew he liked you.

"And?" You pushed wanting to know more. Magnus looked at you and let out a silent chuckle.

"Kitten, he likes you. He just doesn't dare to accept it." He patted the top of your hair gently as if you really were a cat. "Instead he is pushing you away and tries to keep you close enough to look at you, but far enough to be able to hide his feelings." You knew why he was doing that, but to be completely honest, you were fed up with that behaviour. You wanted him and didn't understand, how could someone shut his feelings away. At least you couldn't. It wasn't just him, who knew about your feelings for him, but almost the whole institute. Apparently you made it very obvious.

"How do I make him look at me?" You asked, once again turning to Magnus for advice. You would expect him to be wise after living for almost 400 years already.

"Just be you, Y/N. You are always happy and bubbly around him, you always tend to get touchy feely, when it comes to him. You are on the right path. And to be honest he is on the way to the point, where he will not be able to hide it anymore." He explained, but you were impatient. You wanted that point now. You wanted him now.

"God, love is a pain in the backside." You said walking back to the room you came from. Magnus joined next to you grinning.

"Says the person who never been in love." You felt your glass getting heavier and you realised it got full again.

"Magnus!" You scolded him just with the tone of your voice, but he understood and nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders as he sat down on the same spot you dragged him away from. "Stop that." You referred to your glass.

"Bad habit." He said chuckling and you shook your head in disbelief. He raised his glass to clink it with yours, but you just pulled it away rolling your eyes at his attempt.

You turned away and walked up to the bartender to ask for another glass.