86

Real Life
💯Alania

I have been at my dad's house for about a week. He isn't home. I'm so happy I knew where the spear key was. When I blacked out I woke up in the same spot.

My dad must have been on a business trip because he hasn't been here all week. I've been crying and doing literally nothing. I cut my hair because I was mad and now I regret it. I miss all of it. I miss him. I miss her. Besides that I don't look at my insta nomo. I reply here and thete but other than that, fuck people.

I have to start getting ready to leave. I'm so happy I brought a round trip ticket. I was gonna leave in two days to give myself more time to recover. I was sitting on my bed when I heard a door open.

I grabbed the small gun from my jewelry box. When I opened it I saw the necklace that momma gave me. I aint never wear it because I was afraid to lose it. I let a tear fall then I heard the stairs and I turned. When I walked out my room I saw Odell and I sighed in relief.

"Dumbass you scared me" I said.

"Girl that shit aint even loaded" He said. I shot the gun.

"So daddy would have just let me die" I said.

"Basically" He said. We both laughed. I walked into my room and put the gun back.

"Do you remember the shooting range" I asked.

"Of course, you always whopped my ass" He said.

"But like do you remember it, the smell, the look, the smiles and laughs, that feeling when shooting the gun" I asked.

"I remember every moment" He said.

"Do you remember taking me to school in the morning with momma" I asked.

"Every morning we jammed to gospel music"

"Yea that was momma" I chuckled.

"And when it was time for you to get out you never left without giving momma a kiss and touching her leg" He said. I always touched momma leg because I never wanted to leave her.

"Do you want to go through momma's box in the living room" I asked. He didn't say anything, he just left the room. I walked down to the living room.

"Hey look, it's my first football" He said throwing it at me. I caught it and looked inside the box.

"Momma was always the most stylish" I said. He agreed. We went through stuff and laughed and talked. He picked up a note that I had wrote for her when I was like ten.

"Do you remember this, it was mother's day" He said.

"I can't forget" I said. Then I started crying.

"Do you think it's my fault she's gone. I didn't kiss momma that day. I didn't touch her leg. Dell...dell I miss momma, why can't I get through anything without her" I cried.

"Shh it's ok, I can barely wake up knowing she isn't here. I miss her everyday. That's why I love you so much. You're just like her"

"I'm nothing like momma, she was strong and I cry about everything. Why is this hurting me so bad. Why is he doing this to me. Why isn't she here to help me"

"Babygirl it was momma's time to leave. Maybe this boy was more than just a boy. Maybe he meant more to you than just a quick fuck or a short rebound"

"oh watch your mouth, this is momma's house and her house is a house...of god" I said as he said the last part with me.

"Listen to me, he meant more to you then you let on"

"He did dell, he meant the world to me. I loved him with all my heart. When I was with him I wasn't so broken about momma"

"You were in love little sis. He made you feel the love no one but momma could make you feel"

"I think I'm still in love with him"

"Of course you are. You don't just fall outta love. But it will take you some time to get over it. Remember Jessie, that girl tore me to pieces" He said with a slight laugh.

"I love you dummy" I said.

"I love you too bighead"

"Hey you're the bigheaded one" I laughed.

"Whatever you say babygirl" He wrapped me in a hug. I huge hug that I didn't want to be taken out of. Then we heard the front door open. We both looked up. We were sitting on the floor going through the box.

"Junior....Princess" My dad said.

"Hey pop" Odell said.

"Hey daddy" I smiled. He walked over and hugged me. He must have seen my mascara. We sat together and talked and laughed and cried and smiled. We were a family again, a happy family with almost no problems. I made some of momma's favorite recipes and we ate together.

Perfect way to get over a broken heart. Family.