93

Real Life
💯Edwin (wow)

I have been going through absolute shit without Lani in my life. This past month has been the worst. I tried to talk to my mom but she has done nothing but yell at me. The boys barely want to be around me. I don't know how I let myself fuck up this bad. I have done nothing but lie when talking to anyone. I told them all that I was fine.

I was doing dishes when my mom called me. For the fifth time today.

"Hey mom"

"Edwin Joel Honoret Por qué no has estado contestando tu teléfono (why haven't you been answering your phone)"

"Because I have been busy ma"

"Ocupado deprimido por tus propios errores (Busy depressed by your own mistakes)" She questioned.

"Mom it's not my fault I miss her"

"es decir, no engañaste con una sino dos personas (it is, you cheated not with one but two people)" She scolded.

"But ma-"

"no, no crié un tramposo, tienes que hacerlo bien (no, i didn't raise a cheater, you need to make it right)"

"How do I do that mom. She doesn't want to speak to me. She has moved on already"

"Edwin I could tell by the hurt in her eyes that night that she loves you. I look at your father that way. She is in love with you"

"She may love me but being in love, kind of a stretch"

"Edwin you just walk up to her and tell her you are sincerely sorry. You don't have to get back together but give her the proper closure"

"Are you sure it's gonna work"

"Listen to your mom. She'll appreciate it. She may trust you a bit more"

"Alright, I have to go. love you"

"te amo bebé" She said. I hung up. The one time she didn't bite my head off. I grabbed my keys and got in my car. I had noticed that the van was gone. I drove to Lani's apartment and knocked on the door. I got no answer. I called her phone and it went straight to voicemail. I texted her multiple times. Nothing.

I guess she wasn't home. I walked outside and sat in my car. It wasn't a good time for me. None of this is how it is meant to be. Then I started crying.

"I'm sorry Lani, I didn't mean it" I screamed.

"I love you" I whispered. I loved her more than life itself. I just need to show her.