Two

"So," you say to him, a little while later, when the crowd from the show has thinned out a little bit, "You said you're only here for a few weeks. Where do you actually live?"

"All over, but I'm from Michigan," he tells you. You wonder what "all over" really means, but he doesn't elaborate.

"Nice," you say. "You like it there?"

"Yeah," he nods slightly. "It's romantic, you know? Small town, and all that."

You nod. "I'm from a small town, too. In the middle of Oklahoma."

"Interesting," He's stroking his chin with hands now, and you're drawn in a little more by his mysterious vibe. Ugh, are you seriously fantasizing over this mystery man? You're walking right into the plot of a shitty romance movie. Girl meets probably wealthy stranger, falls in love, moves into a big house, becomes trophy wife, blah, blah, blah. This is the last thing you'd want. You came to L.A. for independence, not to fall for some Jay Gatsby-type character at some bar on the Sunset Strip.

And yet, you keep talking to him.

"What's so interesting about Oklahoma?" You ask him. You're flirting more now.

"Oh, nothing, just when I think of Oklahoma I think of cows and wheat fields, that's all," he says with a laugh, taking a sip of his drink. The more you talk to him the more you notice his voice, it's deep and rough and makes you breathe a little shallow. You wonder how his singing voice might sound.

"Well, there's so much more to Oklahoma than that," you answer with a smile.

"Well, obviously," he replies in that deep, scratchy voice of his, "There's pretty girls like you, too."

You nearly choke on your drink after that comment. Who does this guy think he is? Whatever he's trying to do you, it's working. "You wanna get out of here?" You ask, hoping you're not being too forward.

He smiles that sly smile you've become quite familiar with over the evening. "Of course," he says. "I know somewhere we can go."

You text Becca to let her know you're leaving. You smile at Jake. "Alright, let's go."

***
A/N:
Sorry this chapter was kinda short :/ and I'm not from Oklahoma so I'm really sorry if I got some things wrong! I'm really not trying to offend anyone :)