Fourteen

Woohoo I finally figured how to make an actually cover it only took 14 chapters yay me

***

"Y/N, wake up!" Chris screams at you from your bedroom.

"I'll be down in a minute!" You scream back, throwing a pillow in his direction. You roll over and grab your phone. You frown as you remember you fell asleep listening to Jake's band last night. You're in love with their music. You've already listened to all of it. You could listen to Jake's solos alone forever. You could only wish to be that talented. Of course, you tell yourself that the only reason you're obsessing over these albums is because the music was good, not because you're desperate to find clues about who Jake is in the lyrics. Who were all these love songs about? Did he feel even a little bit the same about you?

Chris calls your name again and you know you need to get your ass out of bed now. You're supposed to meet with the record label today, and find out if they've made the decision that would change your life forever.

You pull on some presentable clothes, throw back a cup of coffee, and smile at your
bandmates. "Are you guys ready?" They all nod. "Well then, let's go."

***

Instead of a stage, this time you meet the music industry executives in a skyscraper office downtown. You're shuffled into the office by the secretary, and you sit, bouncing your leg nervously, until the men in suits walk in.

"Hello, everyone," the first man who walked in says. "I'm the owner of this label, and these are my employees," He says, motioning to the people beside him.

He takes a deep breath. "We were very impressed with your audition," he begins. Your heart is beating out of your chest. You wish he would just finish his damn sentence already.

"So, we would like to offer you a record deal," he finally finishes. Your eyes get wide and you gasp. Becca stands up and wraps her arms around you. The guys join in and then you're all huddled together. "Holy shit, guys, we did it," Chris whispers. You can't even speak with the euphoria you're feeling right now. You made it. You fucking made it.

"I'd like to introduce you guys to Angelo, who will be your manager," the label head motions to the man with dark hair on his left. You all shake his hand.

"I'm very impressed by the talent of this group," Angelo begins. "So much so that I think you guys should head out on tour as soon as possible." Tour? Already? Wow, today might just be the biggest day of your life.

Angelo continues. "I know the perfect band for you guys to open for. I've been in contact with their people. And everything is almost in place."

"Which band?" Chris asks.

"They're called Greta Van Fleet."

Everything I'm feeling comes to a crashing halt as soon as I hear Angelo say that name. My breathing suddenly becomes shallow.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Cal notices the quick change in you. You're just in shock. thought you'd never be near Jake again. Looks like you'll be spending every day with him for the foreseeable future. You have no idea what you're going to do. Will he even want to see you? He hasn't even tried to talk to you since he left. All you can do is force a smile, even though you're terrified of what will happen when you see Jake again.