Ten

"Y/N! You're late!" Chris yells as you rush through the door at the bar you're playing at tonight.

"Sorry!" You yell back. You glance down at your phone to see if Jake's messaged you back. You guys have been having a continuous conversation since you got home this morning. You smile when your screen lights up with his name.

  "What's she smiling at?" You hear Chris call to Becca.

  "Oh, probably her lover boy on the phone," Becca turns to you,raising her eyebrows.

  "Shut up, guys," you groan as you read Jake's message. Then suddenly you're smiling again.
"So, when am I meeting your friends?" His text reads.

  "Come to the show tonight and maybe you'll get the chance," you reply.

  "You really think I wasn't gonna come?" He texts back. You can't help but blush at that.

  Another message comes in. "Of course I'm gonna come support my girl." Your heart skips several beats after you read that. Your face is burning up like crazy now. I'm his girl. Fuck. You've got too many feelings for him. Maybe he loves me? No, Y/N, stop. He's leaving tomorrow. This was supposed to be a no-strings-attached affair. Then why did he call me his girl?

"Okay, Y/N, we kind of have a show tonight and a label audition, so we need our lead singer to come practice with us so we don't fuck up both," Chris yells across the room.

  "Yeah, Y/N, hurry up," Becca grabs your arm and drags you onto the stage.

  "Fuck you guys," you straighten out your hair and face where the audience will be sitting soon enough.

  You hear all of them laugh at you in unison. "Yes, making fun of me is so much fun!" You turn around and glare at them.

  "Sorry, Y/N," Cal smiles. Ah, drummers. Always the nice guys.

  "It's fine. Are we doing this or not?"

  "Yeah, let's go," Chris shouts. And counts you in.

***

The show was electric, as usual. People love the band, even if none of those people can give the band a record deal. You smile at your best friends. You can only pray this label audition works out on Friday.

  You walk out into the bar and gasp as you feel someone's arms wrap around your waist. "You killed it tonight, baby," Jake whispers in your ear.

  "Thank you," you breathe and run your hands along his arms.

  He spins you around and kisses you. "Can I meet your friends now?"

  "Okay, they're backstage. Let's go find them," you grab him by the hand and take him to the green room. You look around the dingy bar that reeks of beer and cigarettes as you walk. You want more. You want more so bad. 

   "Hey guys," you call as you walk in the green room with Jake.

  They all wave and look him up and down. You hope they're going to at least be polite to him. You have to wonder why it's so important that they like him. He's leaving tomorrow, they're not going to remember him in a month. But he's not like any other guy you bring around them. How do you even explain it?

  You can tell Jake is a little intimidated, so you nudge him to introduce himself. "Hey, I'm Jake," he says quietly. You find it funny how he can be so confident but also so shy.

  You breathe a sigh of relief when Becca stands up to introduce herself. "Hey, I'm Becca. Nice to meet you again, Jake," she smiles.

  Chris stands up too. "Nice to meet you again too," he smiles. "Now that you and Y/N have gotten so close," he does his typical Chris smirk, and you glare at him. He smiles back at you.

  Cal, the shy one in the band, waves and introduces himself quickly, and then ducks his head. Weird. You wonder if something's up with him.

  "Alright, who wants to get out of here?" Chris asks the room. Everyone nods. You wrap your arms around Jake. "I'm invited, right?" He looks at you, unsure.

  "Of course, don't worry about them. They're just being overprotective jerks."

  "Okay," he smiles. "Let's go."

***

The band seemed to warm up to Jake as the night went on. Jake was his quiet, mysterious self, of course, but still seemed to have a good time anyways.

  You both crash onto the bed in his hotel room. You do nothing but stare in his eyes for a few moments. You then reach out to stroke his cheek.

  "I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow," you murmur.

  "I know, me either," he looks down.

  "I've had such a good week with you."

  "I can't believe it's only been a week, I feel like I've known you forever, Y/N," he starts to run his fingers through your hair.

  "We'll still talk though, right?" You look up at him.

  "Uh, yeah, of course," he smiles slightly. "But enough being sad," he says, sitting up. "If tonight's our last night, we better make it count," he smiles.

  "I think I know where you're going with this," you smile back.

  "Oh yeah?" He leans and presses his lips to yours. His kisses are like an explosion against your lips that send shockwaves through your skin. His hands are everywhere you need them to be. You pull your fingers through his hair. You wrap your legs around his waist as he kisses your neck. You know this night won't be one you'll soon forget.