Chapter 46: Treasure hunting.

-

"Are you f*cking kidding me?!" Freddie exclaimed, "You had one job, Roger! And that is to keep the device with you!"

"And I did keep it with me! I didn't know we'd leave all the sudden, without grabbing our stuff! If it wasn't for you and John being all mushy and sh*t!" Roger furiously ran his hand upwards on his hair, then gripping the blonde strands harshly.

Brian sighed. He didn't want to show that he was disappointed in Roger, but inside he really was. "Okay, let's all be calm here. Let's go back to Kensington and get our belongings. It wouldn't be that hard, right?"

"I'm sorry, Brian, but I doubt it'll be easy. The party was done hours ago, they all cleaned up. Either they threw it away, or somebody had gone through our stuff, and didn't David tell us staying more time here, can affect our minds?" Deaky interjected.

Roger spoke, "At least it's much better than standing around, waiting for Christmas, come on!" He bolted straight outside the room, while everybody followed him. Getting a taxi and all, they arrived right at the club. The entrance wasn't locked, and they entered right in.

"Okay, everybody, split up." Brian said, while walking away from the group.

The spacious room was empty. They subtly walked around like they were one of the supervisors. Roger was walking down the hallway, trying to find the room where they had dressed. Freddie decided to go to the kitchen, while John and Brian went together looking around at the back.

Freddie kept his head down, and went to the back of the kitchen without acknowledging the people inside. At the doorway, he saw a cart full of clothes. He started digging around, until he felt somebody clasped his arm.

"Freddie? What are you doing here? I thought you were in bed? And... how'd you get a moustache that fast?" A man, with an Irish accent suddenly startled the singer.

Roger was in a hallway with doors side to side, and was opening one by one like a madman. He didn't mean to cause any commotion, but he was slightly going mad. He checked every room, their clothes wasn't there.

"F*ck!" He said with a hushed voice. He rubbed his eyes with frustration, and went to the kitchen. Looking around, he saw nothing until he went to the doorway where Freddie was.

"Keep looking, Deaks!" Brian climbed up the tall garbage dump. John looked at him with disbelief in his eyes.

"Are you kidding me, Brian?" Deaky out his hands on his hips. Brian started throwing these garbage bags out of the dump.

After minutes of throwing garbage, and littering the back of the building, Brian gave up.

"Nice try, Bri. But you get to put those rubbish back."

Brian didn't say a word as he glared at Deaky, who shrugged sheepishly, 'cause he didn't help at all. Now Brian smelled like a bum on the street. As, the older man started cleaning up, John rolled his eyes and started helping out. After that, they decided to retreat and tried to find the others.

They started looking for where the other two are.

Freddie gazed at this unknown man holding his arm. He frowned. 'Now who the hell is this man, and why is he saying that I should be in bed? Was I sick or something?' The Irish man had a thick moustache just like Freddie. But something in the man's eyes was full of confusion.

Roger walked by the doorway seeing this happening. He looked at the man and he immidiately thought he looked familiar. He remembered that, that man was Jim.

Freddie uttered something very stupid, "Uh, do I know you?" Roger decided to bring up his good acting skills.

"Hey, Jim!" Roger waved, which made the Irishman turn around.

"Roger, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, just retrieving something I... misplaced here." Then, he looks looked at Freddie. "Hey! You saw the Freddie look alike, I was actually looking for him."

Jim furrowed his eyebrows, then looked back at the 'Freddie lookalike', "Oh, I'm very sorry. You really do look like Freddie... and sound like him too. Was he the one you're trying to retrieve, Roger?"

Roger blinked, "N-no, I was just looking for my pants-" Roger was a little relieved that Jim interrupted him.

"And why are you wearing a waiter uniform?"

The drummer nervously chuckled, "Hah, you ask a lot of questions, Jim... Anyways, uhm," Roger subtly grabbed Freddie's arm, "Say hi to Freddie for me!" They left the kitchen, looking like they're on a hurry, which they were, they bumped into Brian and John. But they weren't exactly the '1984 Brian and John', they belonged in 1987.

The drummer and the singer said "Sh*t." together. They knew that this Brian and John weren't the people they were looking for.

Brian's face lit up when he saw Roger, then his face suddenly showed concern on how Roger seemed to look younger. "Hey, Roger! Where did you- Freddie?"

The 1987 John was shocked, but he didn't say anything. He believed that this was actually Freddie, but from 1984. He flashed Freddie a smile, which made the singer confused but then he gave him a smile back.

"Uh, no!" Roger's voice cracked, and held on to Freddie's wrist tightly. "Just a Freddie lookalike who worked here, and I just uhm, had something to tell him."

"Uh, okay?" Brian raised his eyebrow, and didn't question the drummer anymore, he watched Roger leave with the so-called-lookalike, "And hey, after you two finish your little conversation, come back here. We're paying Fred a little visit." he smiled sadly. Which made Roger and Freddie agonize about that little sad smile Brian gave them.

"Okay, but Brian there looked old, and s-so, is Deaky..." Freddie whispered, full of sympathy. Roger sighed,

"Are you sure you aren't off your rocker, Mercury? You've gotten sad, and I don't think you get sad!" Roger teased as he slung his arm on Freddie's shoulder.

"Oh, get off, Roger. You've seen me sad like a little dog outside the rain before." Then the two shared a laugh. Forgetting all of the heist and that device, as if it never happen, until they found Brian and John again, but you know which ones now.

"Freddie! Roger! Have you seen the device?" Brian ran up to them, with his long legs carrying his lanky body. John unsuccessful managed to keep up with him though.

Roger's arm fell off Freddie's shoulder. "F*ck. We didn't, we got caught up." Roger saw Brian's face immidiately shifting into a much scarier emotion, until Freddie interjected.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist, Brian! I've got it!" Freddie waved the rectangular device around, and the four swiftly rushed out of the building.

They were happy that this can maybe be a memory they would look back to, thinking of how peculiar it all was, or a memory they would dread to forget about.

-

Okay chill it aint the end. But while i was writing that last sentence I FELT LIKE IT WAS THE END? THATS WEIRD.

there might be some mistakes and all -sigh- Im too lazy to edit since it is pretty late in where i live.

but do help freddie on that gif ^^
Is he okay? (Hope the gif loads)