Chapter 6

Lena's POV
It's been 3 days and Kara still hasn't woken up. Alex now knows that I know that Kara is Supergirl. Kara most likely does to.

I still don't understand though. Why would she look in the box when I told her not to. Also the fact that there was supposedly sex toys in there. Why would she want to look?

Anyway, I've been visiting Kara everyday once I had finished all my work. I feel like it's my fault she hasn't woken up. Probably because it is. I should have given the box to Jess or thrown it out somewhere.

I sigh and bring the glass of red wine up to my lips, flipping through channels on my TV. There's nothing on so I turn it off and grab a book instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex's POV
I pinch the top of my nose, frustrated.
"So you can't find anything about this Agent Liberty guy?" I ask Winn with a frown.
"Nothing. His mask covers his face and all we know is he's a tall, medium built dude." Winn looks at me with apologetic eyes. I'm about to reply when someone rushes over.
"Supergirl's awake."

I run upstairs to where Kara is under the sun bed. I sigh in relief when I see her sat up, rubbing her eyes and stretching.
"Thank God you're ok. I started getting worried."
She smiles at me slightly but it is quickly replaced by a frown.

"Lena knows doesn't she."
I don't reply. I bite my lip and look down. She groans and flops back down on to the bed.
"How does she know?"
"She's a smart woman Kara who is also your best friend and a Luthor. I would be more surprised if she didn't know. It's a good thing she did otherwise she wouldn't have tried to stop you from looking in the box. Not that it worked." I smirk at her.
"What?"

I join her on the bed.
"Nothing. Just that Lena told me that she told you the box had sex toys in it. So Kara, why did you look if you thought there was sex toys in there?"
Kara's cheeks burn bright red and she goes to fiddle worth her glasses before realising they're not there.
"Where are my glasses?"
"Don't try to change the subject Kara. Why did you look?"
She turns away for a second, clearing her throat, then looks down at her lap.

"I.. um well.. I ... was.. I was curious."
I raise my eyebrow as I chuckle.
"Sure."
She blushes again.
"Speaking of Lena I should probably call and tell her that you're awake."
Before I get up, Kara grabs my arm.
"NO!"
I spin around and stare at her frowning slightly.
"Why not?"
She falters and opens and closes her mouth several times. She then sighs.
"I don't want to have to explain why I didn't tell her I was Supergirl."
"You're going to have to at some point."
"I know. But I just woke up. Can't you call like tomorrow?"
"How about this: I'll call her now but tell her that you are resting so she should come and see you tomorrow. That way she won't be mad that you waited to tell her that you're awake. She cares about you. A lot. She's visited everyday after she's finished her work."
Kara just frowns and nods, once again looking at her lap.

I'm able to leave without her grabbing me this time. As I leave, Winn walks by me to go see her.
"Can you try and talk to her about Lena please?"
He nods and smiles, making his way into the room as I take out my phone to call Lena.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lena's POV
I'm so engrossed in my book I don't hear my phone ringing at first. When I do, I pick it up and see that Alex is calling, probably with an update about Kara.

"Hey Alex. Is everything ok?"
"Everything is better than ok actually. She's awake."
I smile and sigh with relief, but before I can reply, Alex continues.
"But she's exhausted so is resting. I think you should wait until tomorrow to come and see her."
I frown.
She doesn't want to see me. It's my fault that she was in the coma. Not to mention she now knows that I know she's Supergirl.
Or Alex is telling the truth.
I shake my head.
"She doesn't want to see me does she?"
Alex doesn't respond but I hear her breathe in a few times, as if she was trying to find her words.
"... she does.." Alex says unconvincingly. I sigh.
"It's fine Alex. I understand. Anyway it's late and I'm tired and have to get to work early tomorrow. Goodnight."
I hang up and throw my phone on the sofa, collapsing on to it.

I don't know why she doesn't want to see me. It should be me who doesn't want to see her. She lied to me for so long, his who she really was from her supposed 'best friend'. What a great best friend she is. She thinks it's ok to ignore me and get her sister to lie for her. Well, she'll get a taste of her own medicine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile
Kara's POV
When Alex leaves to call Lena, Winn walks in smiling.
"Hey Kara. How're you feeling?"
I smile at him, grateful that he didn't go with Mon-El as I really need him right now.
"Physically I'm ok. Emotionally not so much."
He chuckles.
"Trouble with you're best friend?"
I sigh and collapse on to the sun bed.
"She knows Winn. I didn't get to tell her. She figured it out. Now she's going to be mad that I hid it from her for so long. I don't want to tell her that I didn't say anything because my friends didn't trust her. She'll say that it's my secret and I should be able to tell anyone I want."
I groan a rub my head.
"You're worried that she won't talk to you anymore and that she won't want to be your friend."
I nod and bite my tongue, trying to keep my tears in. Winn takes my hand and smiles sympathetically.
"Look. Everyone can tell that you are into Lena and that Lena is into you."
I frown and am about to reply.
"Sush. I am not finished."
He holds his finger to my lips and I shut my mouth.
"I'm not going to lie to you. Lena is going to be mad at you. She is going to be hurt. She can let out those feelings she's been hiding in tiny boxes since she realised your identity. But you can stop her from hurting."
"How? Sorry won't cut it with Lena, especially over something this big."
"To be honest, I don't know. But you'll figure it out. You know her. You're her best friend." He smiles at me and I relax slightly, realising he's right.

Alex comes back in the room, a guilty expression on her face.
"Alex what did you do?"
She looks away from me as she rolls onto her tiptoes then back to her heels.
"Lena kinda thinks that you don't want to see her."
I blink.
"What?"
Winn quickly and quietly makes his way out of the room, not wanting to be apart of the tension.
"What did you say?"
"Oh you know just that you need to rest."
"And?"
"She was then like 'she doesn't want to see me does she?'"
"What did you say?"
"I said you do."
"How long after she asked?"
Alex falters, pursing her lips, squinting her eyes and scratching her head.
"Uhhh, like..."
"Like?"
"Fvsds." She mumbles.
"What?"
"Five seconds?"
My eyes widen.
"Of course she thinks I don't want to see her if you don't answer her question for that long!"
I sigh and then groan.
"Sorry. She's not wrong though."
I lift my head and glare at her.
"Shut up."
Alex shrugs and then walks out.
"Hey! You can't just leave."
She comes back.
"Yes I can. You can't. You need rest."
She leaves again.
I roll my eyes but lay my head back down, knowing she's right.

Great. Lena knows I don't want to see her. She probably thinks it's for some other reason.
I close my eyes and start to drift to sleep, my last thought of Lena.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N I hope you're enjoying this story. It's my first one so sorry if there's any spelling mistakes or anything. Comment your thoughts on what you want to happen because I might include some of your ideas.
Have fun reading :)