Chapter 8

Nia's POV
Somethings wrong. Kara and Lena haven't spoken in days. Kara won't talk to anyone and she's been lashing out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The night before
I'm watching it on the news. 'Supergirl lashes out: beats bank robbers to near death.'
I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Sweet, innocent Kara is punching and kicking and isn't stopping. There's blood pouring out of the man's nose and spilling out of his mouth. His eye is swollen, his arm bent in a way that it shouldn't be and he is screaming in agony.
I then see Alex run in.
"SUPERGIRL STOP!"
She doesn't listen. She continues to punch and punch and punch.
"SUPERGIRL!"
Alex tried again. Nothing.
She then grabs her by the arm, but Kara pushes her off and Alex smacks into a wall and I hear a loud crack.
That caught Supergirl's attention.
She stops and turns, her eyes widen at the realisation of what she'd done. She hurt her sister.
"Oh Rao. Alex."
She runs over but Alex crawls away, fearful.
Supergirl flinches and looks around. Parents holding their children tight, covering their eyes so they don't see the blood. People with eyes wide, full of fear just like Alex's.

Supergirl hesitates then flies away.
The news reporters are going crazy saying how Supergirl has gone evil. But I know Kara. Something's wrong. She never lashes out like that. I need to find out what it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now I'm waiting at my desk at CatCo, watching the elevator to see Kara when she walks through. A few minutes pass until she does. I instantly run up to her.
"Kara!"
She looks up from her phone.
"What?"
I frown.
"Are you ok?"
"I'm fine."
She then begins to walk away, so I drag her by the arm to James' office.
"Nia! What're you doing?"
"Something is clearly wrong with you. I watched the news last night and saw what happened just like everyone else. I've never seen you like that before. What happened?"
Kara looks as if she's about to shout but then sighs, looks down and fiddles with her glasses.
"It's Lena. She's angry and she's hurt and I don't know what to do. She threatened me with Kryptonite Nia. Kryptonite."
Woah. Lena must be devastated to threaten her best friend like that. I pull Kara in for a hug and she instantly wraps her arms around me.
"I'm so sorry Kara. It's going to take time for Lena. You have to see it from her perspective."
She pulls away.
"What do you mean?"
"Lena thinks that you didn't tell her because you didn't trust her and her last name. Lena is devastated. The person who stood up for her against everything and never lost faith in her had been lying to her the whole time. She's not hurt. She's devastated. She not angry. She's enraged. All those feelings that've been building up inside since she found out are now coming out into the light. She needs time."
Kara sighs and sniffles, wiping her eyes from tears.
"I know. But I want to hold her and tell her I'm so sorry and that I will never hurt her again. But she won't even let me into her office, let alone speak to her."
"You have to give her time. While you do that, you need to control your own feelings. You're angry at yourself because you blame yourself for Lena feeling this way. You let that anger get the best of you and you almost killed a man and you injured your sister. You have to control yourself."
She nods.
"Thank you. Really."
She smiles and I smile back at her, rubbing her arm sympathetically.
"Now go report!"
She laughs slightly and shakes her head, turning away to go to work.
I make my way out after, going to my desk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throughout the day Kara had been having some mental breakdowns. She had been happy at some points and then one little annoying thing would set her off and me and James had to calm her down. It's the end of the day now and Kara has left to do Supergirl duties. I'm about to leave when Brainy walks in.

"Hey Brainy."
He has his hands clasped behind his back and a serious expression on his face.
"Nia." He nods at me.
"Is everything ok?" He looks nervous which is weird. I've never seen him like this.
"Everything is fine. I've realised that, due to Kara and Lena's situation, secrets can lead to a relationship being impacted negatively. So I must tell you something."
"Ok. I'm ready."
I'm expecting something bad. What if he did something or what if he's been lying about who he is?
"Nia. I've never felt the way I do towards you for anyone else. After seeking advice, I now realise that I am in love with you. It is very strange for me as I have never been in love before. But I hope to explore these feelings with you."
I smile broadly and giggle.
"I've fallen for you too Brainy."
"But you are standing."
I laugh.
"It's an expression. It basically means I have fallen in love with you too."
"Oh right. The English language can be quite odd."
"Tell me about it."
"Ok. The English language, compared to others-"
"No! I didn't mean literally. It's another expression. It means that I know what you're talking about and I agree fully."
"Ah. That makes sense. There was something else I had wanted to say. Well, ask."
"What's that?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me on Friday?"
I get up from my chair and hug him.
"I would love to!"
He slowly wraps his arms around me.
"Good. I have reservations for a new restaurant that opened up. I will pick you up at 7."
He then releases me.
"You already booked a table?"
"Yes."
"What if I said no?"
"Well... you didn't so it does not matter."
I giggle.
"I will see you on Friday then."
"See you."
He nods, turns and walks out and into the elevator.
I shake my head and gather my things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lena's POV
Jess walks in.
"Um. What is that Miss Luthor?"
She points at the contraption on my desk. I smirk as I pick it up to show her. Her eyes widen.
"Is that a gun?!"
"Yes and no. It's a kryptonite gun."
She falters.
"What? But I thought you and Supergirl were friends?"
"Yes. Were. Past tense."
"What happened?"
"She lied to me. It hurt. I want to make her hurt."
She frowns.
"But... and I don't want to sound rude... isn't that like one of your brothers inventions?"
I clench my jaw.
"I am not my brother. This is better than his guns."
She nods, looking frightened.
"So are you wanting to destroy all aliens now or...?"
I shake my head.
"Just Supergirl."
"But she's a hero. She helps people in need. If you kill her-"
"I am not going to kill her. Just hurt her and destroy her. It will break her knowing that who she thought was a close friend is going to do this. Going to hurt her so bad, she'll never recover."
Jess looks fearful.
"Something the matter Jess?"
"You can't do this. She's your friend. I understand that she hurt you but isn't this a little over the top?"
I slam my hands on the desk.
"No. My only friend in National City betrayed me and my trust. Hurt me so bad I may never come back from it so I will do the same to her."
"But Miss Luthor-"
"Get out."
"I'm sorry?"
"Leave. I don't want you here and I don't want your judgement. Get out and go home."
She hesitates then does what she is told. I roll my eyes.
Maybe she's right. Maybe I'll regret going after Kara.
No. She hurt me. Bad. So I will do the same and I will enjoy it.
I smirk as I continue to work on and improve the gun.