Chapter 12

Lena's POV
I'm currently sitting with Lex and mother, coming up with a plan to destroy the supers.
"We kill them." That's Lex's plan.
"We take away their powers and harness them ourselves." That's mother's plan.
They turn to me. "What's your plan little sis?"

I think it through. "We could capture them using the kryptonite bullets I made. We can then torture them or kill them or harness their powers. Whichever you want."
Lex is looking at me with surprise.
"You made kryptonite bullets?"
I nod. "They're magnetic and so I could use a magnetic force to rip the bullets out. Hurts like hell. I should know. I shot Supergirl with one." I smirk.
"Where are the bullets?"
"In a secret compartment at L-Corp."
"Do you have a gun for them?"
"I did. Supergirl destroyed it."

Lex and mother look at each other. "So does that mean she hates you now? Does that mean she won't come looking for us?"
I shake my head. "She told me that nothing I'll do will make her stop caring for me."
"What did you say to that?"
"Challenge accepted. Then I pushed her off my balcony."
Lex laughs evilly as mother eyes me suspiciously.

"Mother, little sis. I am going out. I will grab your bullets. I know of the compartment you told us about."
He then gets up and leaves, taking a few guards with him.

Mother turns to me. "What're you doing?"
I look at her with confusion.
"You really expect me to believe your going to help him hurt your best friend who you're in love with and her cousin?"
My eyes widen. "I'm not in love with Supergirl!"
She raises her eyebrow and scoffs.
"And I'm not that psycho's mother."
I frown.
She sighs and take my hand.
"Lena. You have to listen. Lex is going to destroy the city and everyone in it. He wants to be the most powerful person in the world. He'll stop at nothing to get that. So, are you really with him?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kara's POV
The plan is set. J'onn will take out one of the guards that comes out of the house every 30 minutes and will shape shift into them. He'll go into the house and report what and who he sees. He will take out the guards one by one until there isn't any left. Then we storm.

The plan takes place tomorrow and I just want it to happen now. I want Lena to be back and safe from Lex and her mother. But Alex says we need to be cautious and can't just do it straight away.

I'm currently at my apartment watching TV when my phone rings. I pick it up and see that it's Lena's office ringing.
What does Jess want and why is she still at the office?
"Hello?"
"Kara. Sorry to bother you but this is important."
"Can I ask why you're still at the office when Lena's not there?"
"Lena told me she trusted me to handle things if she were to ever be gone."
"Wow. What did you want to tell me?"
"Lex was just here. I hid so he didn't see me. He took the kryptonite bullets Kara."

Crap. I can't tell Alex because she won't let me go with them tomorrow. Screw that.
"Ok. Thank you Jess, really. You have been an amazing help to me."
"It's fine Kara. I know that if you get hurt, Lena will hurt."
I smile at the thought of Lena and her beautiful eyes and that sexy eyebrow raise. "Thank you. Bye Jess."
"Bye Kara."
I hang up the phone. I hesitate putting it down.
I should call Alex and tell her. I could die if those bullets are used.
But then I won't be there to save Lena. I have to be there for her.
I put the phone down and go to my bedroom. I get ready for bed and tuck myself in.

Tomorrow I will get Lena back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to my alarm and speed my way through my morning routine. I then fly over to the DEO to get ready and get Lena back.

"Supergirl!"
I turn and see Alex.
"Is everything ready?"
She nods. "Everyone is geared up and the cars and bikes are ready to go."
"So what're we waiting for?"
"You."
"I'm here. Let's go."

I fly off towards the house as the DEO agents get in the cars and on the bikes. I get there before anyone else. I am a few minutes away from the house at the meeting point for everyone. A few minutes later, everyone arrives.

J'onn is behind them.
"J'onn. How're you feeling?"
"I'm good Kara. You don't need to worry. We will get Lena back."
I smile at him. "I know. I'm just worried."
"Lena is your friend. She knows that you are coming for her."
I nod.

Alex comes over. "We're ready J'onn."
He nods and we wait for the first patrol. When they come out, we see one of them go off on their own. J'onn takes this opportunity and goes over and knocks him out. He then shape shifts into the man and we make a mental note of which guard he is. He goes inside after a few minutes and we hear him start taking out some guards over the ear piece.

"I can't get to all of them. Some are with the Luthors."
"Can you see Lena?"
"She's sat with Lex and Lillian. They're talking about a plan."
"What plan?"
"I'm not sure. All I know is that Lillian and Lena don't seem to be onboard with it."
I smile. I knew that she wouldn't do anything Lex says.

A few minutes later, J'onn gives us the all clear. We make our way towards the keypad and I punch in the numbers. The house appears and we make our way into it. The first thing I see is Lena. The next is Lex with a gun to J'onn's head. Alex and the other agents pull out their weapons and point them at him.
He smiles menacingly.

"You didn't think we knew you were coming?"
I clench my jaw. "Let him go."
He shakes his head. "Only if everyone but Supergirl and Director Danvers leaves."
I turn to her. She sighs and motions towards the door.
"Everyone out."
They hesitate before moving.

I look at Lena and she catches my eye. She has this look in her eyes that makes me shiver. Not in a good way. She notices and smirks before turning her attention to Lex.
Is she with him?! We came here to save her but maybe she doesn't need saving... or want it.
No! Maybe the smirk was to show me that she's ok.
No one smirks like that and don't mean it in an evil way!

I snap back to reality when I hear my name coming from Lex's mouth.
"Supergirl. I was afraid you wouldn't come considering I have the one thing that can kill you."
He releases J'onn then takes out a gun. Not just any gun. An improved version of Lena's kryptonite gun.
"Did you know he had kryptonite?!"
Alex turns to me with anger on her face.
"No!"
She looks unconvinced. "You didn't tell me because you knew I wouldn't let you come!"
"Well obviously! I was gonna come anyway."
She rolls her eyes and focuses her attention on Lex. He has the gun pointed at me.

"Shoot her, I shoot you."
"With what gun?"
She looks confused but then Lex pulls out another one of his inventions and Alex's gun flies across the room and connects with the device. He throws it on the ground and looks back at me.

"Goodbye Supergirl."
"WAIT!"
I jump and everyone looks at Lena. She turns to Lex with a smirk.
"I want to do it. You can have Superman."
He nods and hands her the gun.
She points it at me.
"Lena. Please don't."
"Shut up. Before I shoot you, I want to know why you lied. And don't give me the same bullshit excuse that you wanted to protect me. You want to protect all of your friends yet they all know. So why?"
I don't answer. I don't know the answer.

I see anger build up. "TELL ME! You kept it from me for so long. Why? Surely you would know that it would hurt when I did entirely find out."
"How did you find out?"
"I'm not an idiot, Kara. I'm smart. I can put the pieces together."
"How long have you known?"
"It doesn't matter! Tell me why!"

I do know the answer. And it might just save her.
"Because I'm in love with you!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N What do you think Lena's reaction will be?