Chapter 13

Kara's POV
Lena falters and looks shocked. Lex grimaces. Alex's eyes widen.

What did I do! It just came out! I probably just scared her more. I'm surprised she hasn't shot me yet.
She's not going to shoot because of that. I think.

I start to panic when she doesn't move for a few seconds. Then she smirks.
"You know what I learnt recently."
"What?"
"Kryptonite can be just as harmful to humans as it is to Kryptonians if it pierces the skin."
I look at her confused for a second before she turns and points the gun at Lex.

"Lena. You won't shoot me. I'm your brother. You care about me. I'm your family. You wouldn't shoot your br-"
BANG!
I flinch at the sound. Lex puts his hand on his chest then removes it. It is covered in blood. He looks up at Lena and then to his mother. They don't show sympathy or remorse. Then, he falls. Lena drops the gun and Lillian turns to her. "When I said we needed to stop him, I didn't mean kill him."
"Sorry mother."
Lillian smiles. "It's fine. I poisoned his tea earlier."
She shrugs as Lena raises her eyebrows.

I turn to Alex with a shocked expression, then back to Lena and Lillian. "What just happened?!"
Lillian turns to me first. "Lex may be my son but that doesn't mean I didn't think he was crazy. He wanted to destroy the city. Not just you and your cousin. I don't agree with that. So I told Lena that we need to stop him." She throws a slight glare at Lena.
"He escapes prison once. Who's to say he wouldn't have done it again. Besides, it's not murder. It's self defence. Right, Alex?"
She turns to Alex with a hopeful look in her eyes. Alex turns to me and I silently plead her to agree. She sighs.
"Yep. It was self defence. You won't go away for it."
Lena smiles.

"Right. Alex and J'onn, I must talk to you." Lillian gives Alex a look and she smirks then nods. "Of course. Right this way."
Alex grabs a confused J'onn. They leave the room and I realise why. So me and Lena are left alone.

I turn to Lena. "I'm sorry."
She looks at me confused. "For what?"
"For just blurting our my feelings like that. I understand if you want me to go and never come back."
She laughs slightly. "Kara. The reason I was so hurt is because..."
She sighs. "I'm in love with you."
I do a double take. "What?"
She takes a step towards me. "The woman I loved had been lying to me since the beginning. It broke me to think that you would do that." She takes another step. "Although, You didn't technically answer my question." She smirks and raises her eyebrow.
I take a step towards her. "What question would that be Lena?"
I try to hide my smile but fail.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
I take her hand. "I didn't want you to get hurt because you know Supergirl's identity. I won't be able to live with myself if I knew you got hurt because of me. You are the most important person to me Lena Luthor."

She becomes shy and looks at the ground blushing, then looks up so I am staring into her gorgeous green eyes. She smiles shyly. "You're the most important person to me, Kara Danvers."
"You had me worried for a moment though, not going to lie."
"What do you mean?"
"I thought that you had sided with Lex which hurt."
"Maybe that was my plan. I did except that challenge after all."
The smirk reappears as I scoff.
"I did not challenge you! That's just how you interpreted it." I laugh slightly as does she. Then she bites her lip, which was very sexy by the way, and looks at me seriously.
"I'm sorry that you felt that way."
"I knew deep down that you didn't. The most important thing in your life has been to stop people comparing you to your brother and to show people that you aren't him. I'm the one that's sorry. I should've told you sooner. Like, at the very beginning."
She smiles and puts a hand on my chest.
"It's fine."
She then giggles slightly.
"What?" I can't help but smile at the noise.
"What a great story. A Luthor and a Super have fallen for each other."
I laugh and take her other hand. I become nervous and look at the ground.
"About that. Did you want to try this ooorrrrr..."
She doesn't respond so I look up. Her eyes are fixated on my lips.

My heart begins to race as I think about kissing Lena. The thought is so strong that I can't help but stare at her lips. I begin to lean in, feeling drawn to her and those luscious lips. I close my eyes as she begins to lean in as well. We meet half way. I feel the touch of soft lips gently caressing my own and I shiver. I lean in a little further.

The kiss is slow and gentle and I show her just how much I love her. Her hands reach up and wrap around my neck, her fingers burying themselves in my hair. My arms wrap around her waist, pulling her as close as possible, but still wanting her closer. The kiss then turns heated as Lena runs her tongue across my bottom lip. I instantly allow her access and our tongues fight for dominance, Lena's winning. I moan slightly. There is a swarm of butterflies in my stomach and the sparks I feel are more like bombs exploding. I've never felt like this with anyone.

After what feels like forever, Lena pulls away needing air. We put our foreheads together and Lena pants slightly. We're both smiling like dorks.
"Wow. Is being an amazing kisser one of your superpowers?" I blush and she smirks. I gain a bit of confidence. I bite my lip and stare right into her eyes. "That's not the only thing I'm amazing at."
Her eyes widen and her breath hitches. The urge to kiss her again takes over as I lean in again and capture her lips in a sweet and quick, yet passionate kiss. My stomach once again erupts with butterflies.

When I pull away, I hear someone clear their throat. We quickly step away from each other and my cheeks are bright red. I turn and see Alex. She's smirking at us. "It's time to go."
She then turns and leaves and I hear Lena laugh a little.

Lena comes towards me and I can't help but smile like a dork. She leans in really close and pecks my lips before turning to leave. I groan.
"Leeeeeennnaaaaaa."
She turns and I see a little smirk on her lips. I pout and do my best puppy dog face. She bites the inside of her cheek before sighing and coming back, giving me a longer and more loving kiss.
"It's very hard to resist that look."
I grin. "I know."
She rolls her eyes and takes my hand.
"We should go."
I nod and follow her like a lost puppy to where Alex is waiting.

When we get there, she let's go of my hand. I frown at her.
"We need to talk about something. Can we meet at your place at around 7?" I nod instantly and she smiles at me reassuringly. I relax and go over to Alex.

She smirking and has her eyebrows raised. "So, you and Lena huh?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I laugh. "Yeah."
She hugs me. "I'm happy for you. Though I'm a little uncertain about her now considering what went on in there."
"But she was never with Lex. She used him."
She nods. "I know! I know. But, I want to protect you."
"And I love you for that but I trust Lena with my life."
"And I trust you and your judgement."
We smile.

"I'm going to head home. Lena wants to talk."
Alex grins.
"What?"
She shakes her head. "Are you sure that's all she wants to do?"
I grimace. "Alex! I'm your sister that's so gross that you'd think about that!"
She starts to laugh and I glare at her. She stops after a few moments.
"Alright Supergirl. I will see you tomorrow."
She winks as I take off and shake my head at her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N What do you think Lena wants to talk about?
I hope you guys are enjoying this story! I'm not sure how long it's going to be but I'm aiming for at least 30 chapters! Have fun reading!