Alaric☽22☾

•|•

•|•

"What do you mean you're ditching clean up committee?" Isabel asked as she glanced at Caroline who was walking with her. She looked down at the baby strapped to her chest and hands her finger over to her baby to mess with so that Rose wouldn't pull on her hair.

Isabel had tried to find someone to take care of Rose but eventually decided to keep her baby close instead. She could have stayed home and Caroline would have let her but she didn't want to be at the house.

"Klaus called." Tyler informed her. "He's leaving town and wants me to pack up his house."

"I didn't know sire bond equaled being his little maid?" She said sarcastically.

"It doesn't but he still thinks I'm sired to him. It's fine, I'll keep up the act and it will all be over soon. I'm late, I gotta go. I love you," Tyler said quickly when he heard Klaus come back in the mansion.

"Mhm." She couldn't find it in herself to spout out the words which she didn't notice but Caroline did. So as soon as Isabel hung up Care was quick to question it. "Please Care. Leave it alone."

"Oh come on! You two use to be so close I wanted to vomit." She admitted. "What happened?"

"It- it just got complicated." She answered vaguely, she glanced down at Rose and managed a small smile.

Isabel didn't want to admit it out loud; what was wrong. She'd only cry and she didn't want to cry, not anymore. And she wasn't ready to accept the truth yet.

Caroline shut up knowing her werewolf friend really didn't want to be bothered about her love life.

For a bit of their walk, it was silent beside Rose's gurgles. But that silence was disturbed when they both heard a noise. They look at each other with furrowed brows before turning around. Rose stopped making noise, noticing her mother and mother's friend were worried.

Behind them, Alaric rushed past causing them to whip around their blonde hair flinging around as they turn to see what caused the slight drift.

"Hello?" Caroline called out. Neither of the girls had seen the man they had grown close to over the months and the noise confused them.

"Anybody there?!" Izzy called but didn't see or hear anything more.

When Isabel and Caroline decided that they were probably just hearing things they headed toward the cafeteria and upon entering they notice Rebekah, alone, and cleaning up the mess from the dance.