Nick's Back...Or Is She?

When I hopped off the bus, I felt...nothing. Not joy, not sadness, not guilt nor anxiety. I felt nothing. Before I did anything, I decided to take a walk. I looked around on everyone and everything around me and I felt nothing. Not jealousy of someone who had something I wanted, no sadness for those I wronged, no sympathy for someone in a bad situation. I tried it the right way. I tried it the good way. It just doesn't work. I can't run from who I am. I am and will always be the best con artist anyone has ever seen. It was time to put my skills to good use and not give a damn about anybody. This time, it's different. I'm not going to care about the ones I steal from. It's them, or me. And this time, I'm choosing me.

I pulled my first con on a guy I bumped into. I started small. Pick pocketed his wallet. I knew he had money just by the way he walked. I took the money and walked away. I decided to go bigger. I did the one thing, a great con artist can do. Seduced a rich kid, slipped something into his drink and robbed him. The best part was I felt no remorse. It was great. I found an abandoned house somewhere in town and just slept there. I didn't care about rats or bugs or anything. This was something I could get used to.

Until the next day came and all the effects wore off. I felt terrible. Horrible. I needed the pain to go away again. I needed to be Nick again. The Nick that looks out for herself.

I went to a dark alley. Figured that's where people like that would hang. Eventually I was approached by one. I told him, I needed stuff. He gave them to me and I paid. He kept giving and I kept paying. Eventually the money ran out. And I needed more. But when I got the money, the guy tells me he's out and he has to wait for a shipment. I couldn't wait though. It was too hard. So I followed him until he led me to the hive. And that was when I waited until everyone there was gone. It was time for me to do what I do best. My plan was to just take what I could find and get the hell out of there. And when I thought I was out of the woods, I feel everything going black. I get dizzy and spotted and finally, caught.

When I came back, there were these two guys. These two giants, and they did not look happy. And right between them was a woman. She approached me. She looked at my face and saw my eyes.

Woman: How did you get in?

Nick: I-I don't know what you're talking about...(I was embarrassing myself)

Woman: Do I look like a woman who likes to be lied to? Tell me the truth, or you'll find out why these two giants listen to me.

I explained to her how I got in.

Woman: You did all that in a day. I must say, for a 14 year old, I'm impressed. Why did you break in now though?

Nick: Because I had just gotten the money and I needed it.

Woman: That's an awfully big thing to do for some pills.

Nick: You don't know the half of it.

Woman: I don't really care to. What's your name kid?

Nick: It's um, it's Mary-Elle.

Woman: Well "Mary-Elle", how about we make a deal? You start selling for me. How does it sound?

Nick: I'm not a dealer. I'm not sure I want to either.

Woman: Oh I'm sorry, did I forget? You will get the pills whenever you need them. As long as you keep selling and obeying my orders. Sound fun?

Nick: Great...

Woman: Oh now don't pout. You deserve this. Oh where are my manners? Gentlemen please untie her. It's going to be a fun ride Mary. I'm Perrie.