What Happened?

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I opened my eyes, and I was blinded by a bright white light. I kept hearing a beeping noise. I looked around, and I saw that I was attached to machines. I looked to my right and I saw someone looking at the machines.

Nick: ... hi

Nurse: Hey. You're finally awake. 

Nick: W-where am I?

Nurse: I'll tell you in a second. How do you feel?

Nick: I... I feel dizzy. 

Nurse: Do you remember what happened?

Nick: What happened?

Nurse: Wait here, sweetie. You're in a hospital. I'll contact your family and I'll get the doctor. 

What happened? I can't remember anything. Why am I in a hospital? What was going on? Before any more questions popped up, the nurse came back.

Nurse: Ok, the doctor will come in as soon as your family is here. 

Nick: What's going on? Why am I in a hospital?

Nurse: Nick, I know this is a lot, but once your family gets here, we'll explain everything.

Nick: Who's Nick?

Nurse: Oh... I'm sorry... I thought it was your name.

Nick: No, my name is...uh.... it's....I don't know... 

Nurse: I'll be right back.

What's my name? Why don't I know my own name? Who am I? Why won't anyone tell me anything? UGH! 

Molly's POV

When we got the call that Nick woke up, we ran to the car and drove as fast as we could. Nick was finally awake. We can finally talk to her. Ask her what happened. We arrived at the hospital and we all check in at the reception as Nick's family. Everyone was anxious and apprehensive. Nick was awake. Someone we love finally woke up. While we were checking in, a nurse and a doctor approached us. 

Doctor: Excuse me, are you Nick's family?

Liz: Yes, we are. How is she?

Doctor: It's complicated. Maria, will you tell them what Nick told you?

Ed: What's going on?

Nurse Maria: I don't think Nick remembers what happened. Or anything. 

Liz: What...what are you talking about?

Nurse: I was there when she woke up, she kept asking me questions about what happened. I said to her that everything will be cleared up when her family came. I kept saying her name, but she got confused and asked why I kept calling her Nick. I thought I had her name wrong, so I asked her what her name actually was. She told me she didn't know. I'm really sorry.

This was bad. Nick and I just got back to being sisters. We were on great terms. And now, she forgot everything. What do I do now? I don't know this Nick. This Nick doesn't even know herself. 

Doctor: Would you like to go see her? 

Liz: Yes. We would like to see her. 

Doctor: I must warn you, the Nick you once knew is not the Nick you're going to see today.

Ed: When will she get her memory back? 

Doctor: It's hard to say. Amnesia cases usually depend on the mind of the patient. If the mind wants to remember, it will. If it doesn't, it won't.