Home Sweet Home

Nick's POV

The hospital told me it was finally safe for me to go home. I wanted to be excited. I could finally see where I came from and learn more about myself. But was it really me? No one talked about the me they knew. Every time I asked, I would either be given short answers or confusing ones. But the important part was that I got to leave the hospital. That was the best part. I didn't remember anything yet. Mind is still a blank. When we got to the house, it felt like they were holding their breath. I didn't know why. What were they afraid of. When we went in the house, I expected to get flashbacks and visions or some memories at the very least. But when I walked in, all I saw was a house. That was it. A normal house.

Liz: So? What do you think?

Nick: I like it. It's very modern. I love the decor too.

Ed: Is that it?

Nick: We can check out the kitchen too.

Ed: Right. That's what I meant. (I was hoping she would remember something. But maybe it doesn't work that way.)

Nick: Dad, you coming or what?

Ed: What?

Nick: Come on. You wanted to show me around. I gotta know my way around. Hello! Amnesia! Remember?

Ed: (laughs) Ok I'm coming. (She just called me dad. She never called me that. Is it bad that I loved it?)

*A few moments later*

Nick: Ok, so I've seen everything but our bedroom. What'd ya say?

Molly: Follow the leader.

We went into our bedroom. I was wishing for something to click in my head, but nothing. I felt really guilty because I could feel they wanted their Nick back.

Molly: So, what do you think?

Suddenly, I noticed a mirror. Then it hit me, I hadn't looked at myself since I woke up. I never thought to look at myself because I just assumed I looked like Molly since we're twins. But we didn't have a lot of similarities. I mean, sure we both have brown hair and brown eyes, but that was it. Other than that, we were completely different.

Nick: Hey, Molly?

Molly: Yeah?

Nick: How come we don't look alike? I thought we were twins.

Molly: Oh, uh...

Liz: Hey girls. Just wanted to check in. How's it going?

Nick: How come Molly and I don't look alike?

Liz: Oh, uh...not all twins look alike.

Nick: Oh, so we're fraternal twins?

Liz: Yes.

Nick: Huh. So who do I look like? Because I'm getting this hawaiian vibe. Where my grass skirt at?

Molly: I think you take after Jeremy.

Nick: Jeremy?

Molly: Oh yeah! You two have this hawaiian vibe. Apparently we have some hawaiian ancestors.

Nick: I guess that makes sense.

Liz: Well, now that that's settled, what do you guys wanna do today? We can cook some food.

Molly: How does that sound, Nick?

Nick: That sounds good, but I'm gonna need some help.

Molly: Why?

Nick: Because I know literally NOTHING. Remember?

Molly: You can cook.

Nick: I can cook?

Liz: You can definitely cook.

Molly: Ok. We'll meet you downstairs. We're just gonna get changed.

After Liz left, I felt a bit guilty over the "I know nothing" comment. I think it was a bit insensitive to rub it in their faces that I can't remember.

Nick: Hey...I'm sorry about that.

Molly: About what?

Nick: The I know nothing comment. The amnesia joke.

Molly: Oh, no it's-

Nick: (starts speaking rapidly) It's just that I know you guys want me, well not this me but the other me back, and I'm trying to remember and I can't and it just makes feel even more guilty-

Molly: Hey, hey, hey, slow down. It's ok.

She wrapped her arms around me as soon as she could. Didn't even hesitate. I guess she's been doing this for a while now.

Nick: I'm sorry I can't remember.

Molly: Look, let's just change our clothes. We'll take it one step at a time. And whatever happens, we will always love. Do you hear me?

Nick: Even if I-

Molly: Even if you. Got it?

Nick: Got it. Let's change. Mom's probably getting impatient.

Molly: What?

Nick: I said mom's getting impatient. C'mon.

I was looking at my closet, and I noticed that most of my wardrobe was jeans, jeans jackets, flannel, hoodies, and boots.

Nick: Was I a punk or something?

Molly: (laughs) A punk?

Nick: My wardrobe is literally jeans and hoodies!

Molly: It's not all hoodies. You got some flannel. (laughs)

A/N: I have question for you guys. Do you like the super long chapters, or do you prefer them shorter? Because I gotta know how to write them and not make them unreadable for y'all. BTW I have more free time now so I might start posting more often. So give a follow if you wanna keep track. Thanks for reading. Special thanks if you answered. Follow and vote. ;)